Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had much like after looking at several bikes on craigslist. But I notice that dealerships have their prices of used bikes at prices way higher than their actual blue value.

For example, I'm just browsing at one site and they have an 06 gsx-r 600 that is stock for $7500 and its blue book value is 6,000. Should I not be intimidated by their high price and just offer them 5,600? Or will I just like a ******* idiot ??? This is just a hypothetical situation.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching on google + here and I've had no luck. Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
well see wut the dealership probably does is they buy it for the book value and then they mark it up to make profit off of it...my suzuki dealership is pretty good...i got my 03 svs with 7500 miles on it for 3600...thats with tax tag and title....and 200 down

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well see wut the dealership probably does is they buy it for the book value and then they mark it up to make profit off of it...my suzuki dealership is pretty good...i got my 03 svs with 7500 miles on it for 3600...thats with tax tag and title....and 200 down
See, thats what I thought too. I know there are dealerships that specialize only on used bikes so my guess would be that they would have to pay blue book prices for them because less people actually trade in a bike at a used dealership.

But other dealerships that sell new bikes and few used ones receive used ones as trade-ins and pay much less than the blue book value for them. Is that right?

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Just like why car dealerships do it. If they can get that mis-informed buyer to snag it at a high price they win.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Giving a low ball price is never an "idiot" move. Go in and make the offer....they will either take it or counter-offer. Haggling over the price of a bike/car/truck is 80% of the fun of buying it!

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you're patient, you can steal some nice bikes in the winter. My '03 SV1000S had 2000 miles on it when I bought it for $3,100...in November '06. Patience is very valuable in these situations. Also, it's not like Summer won't be here next year. I am counting on it.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
If you're patient, you can steal some nice bikes in the winter. My '03 SV1000S had 2000 miles on it when I bought it for $3,100...in November '06. Patience is very valuable in these situations. Also, it's not like Summer won't be here next year. I am counting on it.

wow thats and i thought i got a good deal...thats insane....i bought mine in january...but im in fl so the riding seasons are wierd, both summer and winter have their pros and cons

1 - 8 of 8 Posts