Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
The first link, is it only for nekkids?

Or will it also work for the faired versions?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Currently said:
The first link, is it only for nekkids?

Or will it also work for the faired versions?
i think if you tried to put them on an svs they would hit the bikini fairing but i'm not 100% sure. maybe someone else knows.

i know Poly 26 has some radiator covers that work with an S.

www.poly26.com

but they are french and don't take internet orders. so getting them could be a real exercise in foreign relations. ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Buy some 1/8" perforated stainless steel from a metalworker, cut it to size with some heavy duty shears ( wide enough to go across the entire rad, edges and all), polish it with some metal abrasive, then clear coat it with automotive paint. Mount it by removing the guards on the ends of the rad and sliding the sheet behind the guards, 'clipping' it into position from either side. Then gently bow the center to give it a nice curve. For an added touch, buy some black plastic fender trim and line the top and bottom edges with it.

Total cost: 9$ for the metal, 5$ for the clear coat, 5$ for the trim.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lockhart Phillips has Cox Racing Radiator Grills. Many people use them at the track. I don't see them on their website but they are in the catalog. If you call them they can probably look it up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
TestaStretta said:
Buy some 1/8" perforated stainless steel from a metalworker, cut it to size with some heavy duty shears ( wide enough to go across the entire rad, edges and all), polish it with some metal abrasive, then clear coat it with automotive paint. Mount it by removing the guards on the ends of the rad and sliding the sheet behind the guards, 'clipping' it into position from either side. Then gently bow the center to give it a nice curve. For an added touch, buy some black plastic fender trim and line the top and bottom edges with it.

Total cost: 9$ for the metal, 5$ for the clear coat, 5$ for the trim.
have you done this and do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I made my own radiaotr screen from a window screen and aluminum sheet. Simply measure your radiator height and width and have a screen made to these dimensions. Now cut two plates from aluminum sheet and slide them behind stock guards. It looks very trick and is WAY cheap. (less than $10). The screen also makes it easy to clean off dead bugs and crap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts