Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What height is the 03 SV 650S best suited at for handling but yet not to much to make the steering sensativity bad to wear it jumps around when you take your hands off or high speeds. I really dont under stand this but my friend asked me to post this, so sorry if it doesnt sound right. ???

·
Registered
505 Posts
The SV is pretty stable no matter what, so unless you get totally out of hand with dropping the forks it won't jump around at high speeds (assuming you haven't raised the rear to an unacceptable level). You can experiment with it to see what you like. Just drop the forks 5mm and go ride it. If you like the change and it's still stable at high speed, then drop it another 5mm and try again. You might like that better, or might not. If so, leave it, if not, raise it back up 5mm and call it good. Watch the clearance with the front fender under hard braking and make sure you don't drop them so much that the fender hits the radiator.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
This depends on so many other factors like Fork Spring weight, oil viscosity, front tire size, rear ride height setting, etc... etc... :eek: the issue he is probably having is that the stock fork dampers are old tech simple hole in a piston push rods that are overwhelmed by a high speed bump. (They cant move fast enough thru the oil so they basically hydralock. To fix them requires Cartridge emulators, spring to match his weight, and new oil (heavier weight probably). $300 will do it.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
With emulators/20wt oil and a high-quality shock in the back - my bike is still rock stable with the forks dropped 10mm in front and raised almost as much as the shock will allow in the back.

Make small adjustments and you'll find the right 'feel'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.