Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried some of the boots on from my local Ducati/Suzuki dealer and none of them fit to well. I have wide short feet (9 - 9 1/2) and I cant seem to find any nice water proof boots. Does anyone have any recommendations.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
What do you want out of a boot?

Comfort?

Looks?

Protection?

Ride only, or ride+wear at work/school/mall etc...

What do you currently wear?

I currently have and am impressed with JR Revolutions: Waterproof, non-flashy, all day comfortable, moderately protective, and cheap. They have served me well for 2 years and 20-25K miles and are approaching the need for replacement. That being said, I am currently shopping for new boots (most likely Sidi but having trouble deciding which model) and looking to up the protection factor. I may, however, go for a hot weather (vented or perfed) or intermediate boot such as the Vertigo (which has an air vent) and continue to use the Revolutions for cold/inclement weather.

Here is one link:
http://www.rapidracer.com/joeroremobo1.html

I paid ~$129.99 at a local moto store before tax.

This second link can be quite helpful in shopping for moto gear: http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/

HTH....

·
Registered
799 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
What do you want out of a boot?

Comfort?

Looks?

Protection?

Ride only, or ride+wear at work/school/mall etc...

What do you currently wear?

I currently have and am impressed with JR Revolutions:  Waterproof, non-flashy, all day comfortable, moderately protective, and cheap.  They have served me well for 2 years and 20-25K miles and are approaching the need for replacement.  That being said, I am currently shopping for new boots (most likely Sidi but having trouble deciding which model) and looking to up the protection factor.  I may, however, go for a hot weather (vented or perfed) or intermediate boot such as the Vertigo (which has an air vent) and continue to use the Revolutions for cold/inclement weather.

Here is one link:
http://www.rapidracer.com/joeroremobo1.html

I paid ~$129.99 at a local moto store before tax.

This second link can be quite helpful in shopping for moto gear:  http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/

HTH....
i also have JR revolutions...cant ask for a better boot. my foot is a ten ten and a half and quite wide.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wear Daytona M Star GTX. It's all black, goretex and has held up for the past 15k miles. I expect at least another 15k. I wear them when I commute, and when I go to the track. Each boot has 2 zippers and 4 velcro strips perpindicular to the floor. I can adjust them to go under my commute suit or over my leathers. They haven't had to prove their crash worthiness so I can't vouch for that. When I was looking for waterproof boots, this one won because of its insert. I'm 5'7" on a good day, and the sole adds another 1.5". This made it so I could flatfoot my old GS (modified shock) and almost flatfoot my SV (also modified shock). Since I bought them, I think I've ridden 2 miles without them on my feet. If they were stolen, I'd probably buy an identical pair.

http://www.helimot.com/catalog/boots/mstargtx.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Six Chin is pointing you in the right direction with the questions. Another question to ask yourself is: What kind of weather will you be riding in?

I ride (mostly commute) in a wide range of temps. Summers are hot - avg 100 degrees. Fall and spring are great mostly 70's and 80's. Winter can vary from 70's down to 30's and rain. I used Teknic Freeways until my crash (leather was ground up pretty well, but I walked away with no foot or ankle damage). I now have Sidi Panthers and Escape boots as well as the A* Roam. All are waterproof and very plain looking, but all have armor in toe, ankle, shin, and heel.

Best bet is to find a local shop to try on the boots you like. If you want to buy local, always ask if they will match internet prices.

HTH

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
frayed said:
Here's my best recommendation.  I have somewhat wide 9 1/2 size feet.  They are plenty wide and are known to be wide.  They've been great do it all/everyday boots.  Watch for them on Ebay too...  picked up a new pair for $100. 

http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_matrix_goretex_boots_page.htm
I just ordered some, thanks guys for all the info, and if they dont work out they said there is no restocking fee and I will exchange for the Sidi's and try those out.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
You may want to consider the Gaerne (spelling?) boots at newenough ... at 119 bucks, I am seriously tempted even though
I have a pair of Oxtar Matrix for wet and cold weather and Oxtar Ti Evo's for hot summer and 80% of my riding.

Typically you get what you pay for but those Gaerns are a serious good deal!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hate making new topics so here is my question:

For those of you that commute to work or school and need a boot to look "presentable" yet still functionable (or is that an oxymoron ;D )....

What boot do you recommend?

The Joe Rocket Mercury boot is the height that looks like it will protect enough but at the same time look presentable. The aesthetics aren't that great, but it's the general idea of the boot, not the specific looks.
http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=925

·
Banned
363 Posts
UACUBiker said:
Hate making new topics so here is my question:

For those of you that commute to work or school and need a boot to look "presentable" yet still functionable (or is that an oxymoron ;D )....

What boot do you recommend?
I recommend that you leave shoes at work and find boots that are comfortable and offer the maximum protection.

Many of us follow the above advice.

I have Sidi Vertigos...

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
motorcyclemichael said:
I recommend that you leave shoes at work and find boots that are comfortable and offer the maximum protection.

Many of us follow the above advice.

I have Sidi Vertigos...
+1 - I have had B-Ones and now I have Vertigos..... Sidi makes a great boot.... they crash well

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I have a spare pair of shoes at work.

I also change out of my gear in an empty conference room.

They are getting used to the idea but I still get the robocop comments which I ignore.

There is nothing funnier than someone who doesn't ride tell you how they would do things and what you are doing is wrong. ::)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I love my Sidi Vertebra 2s... The standard ones aren't waterproof, so I got a pair of Tepors as well. Basically the same boot, same armour and everything, but with the tepor lining. All-day comfortable on foot, not too hot, not too cold, just a great boot. Not cheap usually, though mine were a good deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts