Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry to bother you guys with my newb issues but my brother has just acquired a 06 blue sv, as i turn on the ignition the dash reads "chec". is there something wrong with this bike? the chec dissapers after the bike is on and it runs fine. should we be worried? thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If the side stand is down -- Put the bike in neutral, flip engine kill switch to on position, squeeze clutch (maybe). It'll disappear and you'll get the engine temp reading.

It's normal. It's the bike's way of telling you to check to see if your side stand is down (if in gear) or if the engine kill switch is toggled to the off position before you sit on your bike for an hour trying to start it with all of the fail safes engaged.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hah, yah, the "chec" had me freaked out for a couple days ago too. It just means that the kickstand's down, your engine cutoff switch is turned off, or something like that. No prob.

--Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.