Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes Im sure I will catch hell for asking this but I could care less how tight asses feel about stunting.   I have gotten pretty good at sit down wheelies but I want to try some stand ups and need advice... I usually just load the forks and whack the throttle to get the front air born whats the best way to ride a stand up.  I hate dumping the clutch it feels really harsh on the engine plus it shoots the front up really quickly... tips please.  (2000 sv)---should I start sitting or standing also what gear??

F.Y.I.-yes I wear full gear and I no I don't pull anything on public streets.

J

·
0 Posts
Stand up wheelies are easier as you can lean back a little on the pegs and it really helps the weight get off the front end. I wouldnt even attempt dumping the clutch untill you get use to stand up wheelies. Just stand and twist on some throttle. My front end raises with ease at 4k.

J

·
0 Posts
It gets up in 1st at 4k however thats only because i havent done the tps yet so there is no juice below that. 2nd gear roll ons are just a bit higher on the revs and it is possible to do a stand up in 3rd without popping the clutch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about switching gears? Should you use the clutch or clutchless it by a slight roll off?? Sorry for all the questions but Im tired of all the short one gear wheelies and I want to do it right.

J

·
0 Posts
Just practice and do whatever is the most comfortable/works the best for you. Much like other aspects of riding its all personal preference.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Stunt if you want - doesn't matter to me.

However - you will eventually roach the motor. The SV has a known issue with wheelies. Oil starvation will eventually doom that engine.

J

·
0 Posts
This is true. Plus i believe it will mess up your fork seals if you do it to much. I would much rather hit the twisties then stunt anyday of the week. I also find that if you ride it like you stole it you will get a lot more respect from other riders.

However Jasonsv if you are gonna do it you might as well do it right it takes more then a power wheelie these days to impress. As for what people say forget about it. So long as you wear all your gear and don't do it in away that can endanger others do what you want and have fun.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I Love my sv don't get me wrong. If your gonna get into heavy stuntin your on the wrong bike. The oil starvation is more than a problem on the sv in long wheelies you can actually loose pressure. Did this on the skyway in buffalo one day, oil light came on ran straight to the dealer and after three hours a half dozen tests it came out that the motor can't run like that for any real length of time. Get a tricked out gsxr or ninja w/enhanced forks/suspension, oil cooler and you'll be a lot happier and wont hurt your bike as bad.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
what froggin should have said is basicly get a honda. they make good stunt bikes and no oil starvation problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts