Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry bout all the questions, but where can I get a cheap steering damper for my 99 650N

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think somebody here rigged up a GSX-R damper, that should be *really* cheap if you get the details.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a Scotts, they ain't cheap though. Keep and eye on ebay or find someone selling one and just buy the mount kit from Scotts. That's the way I would go. Also, Pitbull makes them now. The same people that make the bike stands. I have heard they are good quality. They pretty much copied Scotts design. All the racers around here use them because Pitbull is an Alabama based company. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
238 Posts
joker said:
Sorry bout all the questions,
Maybe your screen name should've been riddler instead of joker ;D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. I've heard from the locals that with the condition of our roads up here they are a very good idea to have.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you think a damper off an 04 gixxer 1000 will work with the F4i clamp on my 99 nekkid

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
joker said:
Thanks for the help. I've heard from the locals that with the condition of our roads up here they are a very good idea to have. 
I ride some pretty rough roads, I can't comprehend any need for a steering damper on the street on the SV650, don't have any expereince with the 1k though, I know a steering damper is nice to have on a TL

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I managed to produce a proper lock-to-lock sl;apper the other day on mine... But I put it down to the fact that I've not got my suspension set up too well at all, and I was doing a ridiculous full thrittle overtake on a very bumpy road, all with quite aggressive geometry. Never had more than a wobble when it was relatively stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts