Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 1st gen triple clamps the same size/distance between fork tubes? What I mean is will an S upper (and clip ons) fit on a naked with the stock lower triple? What about the bracket for the gauges?

And if so...does anyone have the upper triple off of a 1st gen S they want to sell me?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
SVS upper triple will fit a naked with the naked lower triple.

The upper SVS triple has no provisions for gauge mounts. What I did was drill two 1/4" holes in the SVS triple and bolt the gauges on that way. You'll need to make spacers about 1/2" thick to go under neath the triple.

To make it look professional use stainless steel bolts, file the manufacturers logos off the head of the bolt and sand the file marks off with 600 grit sand paper to leave a clean matte finish...

What are you doing about headlight brackets?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Donnie, good idea for the bolts. I may just end up shortening and tach-welding the headlight bracket similar to the recent post on this forum with the clip on conversion; then adding clip ons under the stock, naked upper triple. Just hope it's not too low down.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
aftermarket clip-ons are easiest. I did a detailed write up a while ago about everything you have to do including cutting the headlight brackets, drilling out the ignition locl bolts, etc...

If you want a bolt-on, custom setup I may be selling mine soon...
It's got an Acerbis Blitz CF light with custom adjustable aluminum diamond plate mounts and all the other bling you see...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the offer, but I may end up going with a pair of aftermarket clip ons for the sake of cost, ease of installation and reversability.

Anyone wanna buy a pair of clean '03 SVS clip ons? $50 shipped

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
algreen said:
well, I have hte clip ons, are you interested in selling the upper triple?
I'd only sell it as a complete kit.
The upper triples are cheap, I bet a salvage yard would sell them for ~$50, which I'm pretty sure is 1/2 of retail.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Maritan said:
Hey Donnie - No tach? Is that a shift light I see instead of the tach?
The cluster I got off Ebay had a pretty busted up tach so I cut it off. The little CF look box is to protect the circuit board underneath, the light you see is the temp light which is still in it's original position.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Donnie,

I have talked to you in PM's and am about to do this mod, in the above picture I do not see where you drilled the holes in SVS triple for the gauges. Did you cover the triple with something or are the holes not going through top to bottom?

Sorry for being a noob.

Thanks

Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts