Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i really like the look of arata rearsets with the black finish and everything, but i do not want to shell out hundreds of bucks for new rearsets. so i was kind of thinking of removing my rearsets and spray painting them black and then clearcoating them. has anyone out there done this or have any comments on if you think its a good or bad idea? any help is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
nexus took a rattle can to his. they look pretty good, though they might not hold up to rocks, etc as well as anodizing. but it's easy enough to repaint them.

go for it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats good to hear. until i hear anything bad about it otherwise i'm gonna go ahead and do it. yay

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I seriously reccomend prepping them by cleaning them, wiping them down with 000 or 0000 fine steel wool and cleaning them again. For paint I'd suggest Rustoleum enamel, it's very good stuff.

N

·
0 Posts
If your gonna go to the trouble to paint them, why not look into powder coat or even black anodizing? Powder coat shouldn't cost too much more than paint and it would last a lot longer.

:)

·
Registered
430 Posts
it's easy enough to re-paint as needed but I would guess that the paint on the heal guards will wear off rather quickly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
+1 on painting. If it gets scratched, or rubs off, just hit 'em with another coat. I'm going to try painting mine.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i would just have then anodizing . they will come out looking better and the anodizing last and holeing up longer :) it should be around a 1 a peace to have it done ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts