Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Quick question about the mileage on my bike. The bike has a salvage title and it says "True mileage unknown" the bike says 750 and I was curious how easy or hard is it to fake these kind of miles? Bike is a 2008.

cheers, james

·
Registered
163 Posts
It can be pretty easy from what I understand. Just swap with a cluster from an other bike that has low miles. Apparently it can also be done with a computer...

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
The mileage is in the computer. You can take out the battery,and replace it and all you lose is the trip. Same with unpluging instraments. Don't know, about them new fangled second gens.:)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess the main reason I ask is because I'm trying to come to the conclusion why this bike was scrapped. Frame, flood or what and I just cant tell...theres hardly scratches on the bike I suppose I should post some pics.

edit:while im thinking about it can someone tell me the brand name of the stock tires they put on these bikes (im trying to piece the puzzle together here)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.