Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. So I recently was in a bit of an accident with my 05 SVS and decided to use the insurance money and go naked.. I had a local shop do the work, order the parts, etc.. The shop ordered and received a rear seat cowl from Suzuki and installed it, ie. they removed the passenger seat and affixed the cowl.. This was about three weeks ago.. Last week Friday I went to remove the grab rail and realized that it was a necessary part to keep the seat or cowl on the bike.. LOL.. Well, I jumped on SVRider and saw that the piece I need is supposed to come with the seat cowl.. Fast forward to today.. Shop has no idea what happend to the part, they don't have the packaging to send it back to Suzuki as Suzuki requires, and basically they don't seem too hard-pressed to help me get the part I need.. Called Suzuki Customer Svc and they said it's between the shop and I.. I don't want to be a b*$#h about it but I want the part, and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else, so other than purchasing another seat cowl, or inflicting physical torture on the parts guy at the shop, I'm wondering if anyone else has been through similiar situations that were resolved , or am I screwed??

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Shop didn't "lose" it. They kept it then gave or sold it to someone else.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right , so no one here has ever ordered a seat cowl or know someone that did that didn't receive the part to replace the grab handle right? Normally, I would think Suzuki does a good job of packaging their parts.. The shop has definitely, throughout the time I've dealt with them, made me feel a little uneasy ..

·
Registered
358 Posts
I ordered mine from the dealer I bought the bike from and it came with the parts. I put it on myself so they never opened the packaging. I would almost gaurantee that Suzuki sent the parts, the dealership just didnt install them. They might have lost them and if they dont have them that means they owe you those parts. I would go back in and demand they get you the right parts or take the parts you have back and give you a refund.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered mine from the dealer I bought the bike from and it came with the parts. I put it on myself so they never opened the packaging. I would almost gaurantee that Suzuki sent the parts, the dealership just didnt install them. They might have lost them and if they dont have them that means they owe you those parts. I would go back in and demand they get you the right parts or take the parts you have back and give you a refund.
The problem with the refund is that it was paid for by the insurance money and I won't be able to get a cash refund for anything.. Definitely agree that more than likely the part was discarded as unnecessary.. they almost threw my seat away..

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The problem with the refund is that it was paid for by the insurance money and I won't be able to get a cash refund for anything.. Definitely agree that more than likely the part was discarded as unnecessary.. they almost threw my seat away..
Don't fall for that "out of our hands" BS just because the insurance company is involved. That has noting to do with anything. They embezzled the part; it is there responsibility just like if one of their goons cracked plastic installing it or dropped the bike. That the insurance company paid for it is neither here nor there. The insurance company writes the dealer a check for the sum of parts/ labor; insurance doesn't call suzuki and ask them to send the parts to the dealer.

The worst part is, I'm sure they charged you twice what it would have cost if you had ordered it on your own from oneida/ bikebandit/ ronayers/ etc.

In the future, get the insurance company to write the check to you. They will.

·
Registered
261 Posts
dealerships suck. when it comes to customer service. I have been at it with interstate cycle here in NC for the past month on a screw up they made doing my insurance apraisal. They mixed up the left and right frame guards with the left and right fairings. thats a 300 dollar difference and its been like pulling teeth to get them to send the correct supliment to state farm. i will never purchase anything from them again because of this. Theres one more potential bike customer they lost.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't fall for that "out of our hands" BS just because the insurance company is involved. That has noting to do with anything. They embezzled the part; it is there responsibility just like if one of their goons cracked plastic installing it or dropped the bike. That the insurance company paid for it is neither here nor there. The insurance company writes the dealer a check for the sum of parts/ labor; insurance doesn't call suzuki and ask them to send the parts to the dealer.

The worst part is, I'm sure they charged you twice what it would have cost if you had ordered it on your own from oneida/ bikebandit/ ronayers/ etc.

In the future, get the insurance company to write the check to you. They will.
I don't know if they charged me twice as much, but they're desire to make the situation right certainly shows their lack of interest in keeping a customer. The insurance company cut a check directly to them for the amount they wrote up, so I had that amount to spend at the dealer/ shop. I could've had the check cut to me after they wrote it up I suppose, s lesson learned there I guess.. I think I'll go in tomorrow, figure out who the owner/ boss is and talk to him/ her. I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, not that that means anything. We'll see what happens...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dealerships suck. when it comes to customer service. I have been at it with interstate cycle here in NC for the past month on a screw up they made doing my insurance apraisal. They mixed up the left and right frame guards with the left and right fairings. thats a 300 dollar difference and its been like pulling teeth to get them to send the correct supliment to state farm. i will never purchase anything from them again because of this. There one more potential biek custamer they lost.
Are you going naked?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Already have!:) Going to stay that way too.

I remember your post after your accident.. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with the repairs.. I love the look of the SVS naked.. It just looks sick and totally different from every other rice-rocket out there.. I'heading up to the dealer/ shop this morning to try and resolve the issue one last time.. Giving the cowl I have back and asking for a refund so I can order elsewhere or myself.. Also ask for a refund on the bar-end adapter for a mirror I've been waiting on for three weeks.. I had to order one myself to get legal.. What headlight kit did you use?? I can't see your pics on my work 'puter..

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
You're getting screwed, those filler/seat catch part came with the cowl. They sold/kept it and now don't want to make it right because you can't buy just that part. You have to buy the cowl to get the fillers.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Some people like the look of the grab rail , you might ask around here for an extra set of spacers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some people like the look of the grab rail , you might ask around here for an extra set of spacers.

Thought about that.. I'd have to change the title of my post.. Guess I wanted to find out if anyone had ever a) not gotten the spacers b) similiar experiences with customer service c) advice on actions to be taken.. I don't like confrontation.. Especially since I've been in the Marine Corps for 17 years and have , shall we say anger-management issues.. LOL.. Most times when I deal with "customer service" reps or such I'm left wondering why I just don't punch them in the face and then ask them if it would have been easier to do their job.. As I said I'm going up to the dealer/ shop today, and try and work it out with the HMFIC, and see if it can be resolved without bloodshed.. LOL

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:evil6: BLOODSHED!!!!!!!

No longer necessary... I spoke with the manager this morning and parts were found in a parts bin that the mechanic didn't check yesterday when I was there.. Right.. Anyhoo.. Got my parts, and the bike looks sweet.. Did a SVS to Streetfighter conversion and the removal of the grabhandle was the final mod I wanted to do..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts