Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

question about buying new wheels

765 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  butterboy 
#1 ·
i know NOTHING about wheel manufacturers so i though i would ask you all out there. if you know any wheel manufacturers that make a decent looking wheel can you post a website or brand name?? thanks guys!!

#2 ·
This is where my neighbors bought their wheels. $2000+ shipped for front and rear. http://www.performancemachine.com/
These wheels are not performance, to my knowledge. I believe they're actually heavier than stock.
Because you seem to be out for appearance, you should do the GSXR front end swap and wait for the GSXR swingarm kits to become available. The front end and the swingarm look awesome with stock wheels; but then fitting a 180 tire on the back with these wheels would be a good idea.

If I had that kinda money, I might be wiling to spend it there; but I'd probably find some performance (ie lighter) wheels

Here's an example of their work

#3 ·
k so before i posted and since ive posted i have searched the net alot for sv650 wheels and i cant really find any...does no-one make aftermarket wheels for the sv or what? also does anyone have a pic of stock sv wheels that have been powdercoated black? i think that that might just be a better option, and more cost efficient...thanks yall

#7 ·
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-wheels/

Several links there. Aftermarket motorcycle wheels are quite expensive. There are some reliability concerns using pure racing wheels on the street. Racetracks don't have railroad tracks, potholes, curbs, etc. It's not that there are no racing wheels that will work on the street, but you do need to keep a close eye out for cracks (in general).

#8 ·
I have Cazzorriea forged aluminum wheels,you can get them from the sv race shop. they are not as light as some ofthe higher zoot wheels,9lbs front 12.5 rear. My speedo does not work with them. They are dot approved so are strong. They are also cheaper the quality ad appearence is very good. My rear is a 5.5" so make sure you spesify with. You can also order most any other kind from www.ema-usa.com however they will have to order them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.