Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my OEM fuel pump with a Quantum due to squealing. The Quantum lasted one mile and slowly quit. Makes no noise at all. Checked the fuse and it is fine. The tank is spotless so it is not a debris issue. They are going to send me another but I have lost confidence in them. Is there a way I can buy the OEM Mitsubishi fuel pump separately without spending $650 for the whole assembly? Any cars that is cross references with? Also, Where can I get the clip that holds the fuel line onto the pump. It is not shown on the parts fische.

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
I cannot speak from experience but I've heard the OEM fuel pumps are serviceable. There are videos and threads here about rebuilding them.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a link for any? I have not been able to find 'em
Thanks

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, seen that. The pump motor is my problem. Would like to rebuild it or find a used OEM one. Got a potential line on one.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
i got quantum motor/pump on my TL and if works great, no prob.
also whenyou there make sure to replace gas lines with one designed to be submerse in gasoline!

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quantum sent me a new pump which works fine except it is loud AF! So much so, I can hear it while riding under 30 mph (above that, the wind noice drowns it out). i put a Caltric pump in my other SV and it was quiet.
My tank is spotless and the filters are both clean. Only 11k on the bike. Is this how these pumps are or should i be looking for and OEM? Maybe I should go with a Caltric!

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might try to get a Bosch pump. Looks like that have a replacement for a UCT-30 Mitsubishi- which is the OEM pump. They are only $50. Gotta be better quality. looks to be the same from the images.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts