Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any of their stuff? - Specifically a belly pan? If so, opinions of quality, ease of fitment, etc...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
all things I've read said it was good stuff. SV650.Org is our UK sister site so you might inquire over there for their opinions on Pyramid.

:)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Northwind said:
He just did :)
Well glad I could help. Hey are you guys going to let ping come back over again??

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the advice and got my answers - thanks - part ordered.

Best Regards

·
Registered
597 Posts
Jacques said:
Took the advice and got my answers - thanks - part ordered.

Best Regards
Care to summarize the advice and answers on the bellypan for the rest of us? :)

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure brady - I hit SV650.org for a little insight and or comments regarding the Pyramid Plastics belly pans. Was curious as to the quality and how well their kits bolt up - Was told it was good stuff so I ordered one. I'll try to post up some pics if I can figure out how the heck to do that.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts

Here's a photo of mine with the Pyramids bellypan fitted. It really depends what you look for in a bellypan- I reckon this one fits the lines of the bike betetr than any other, with the possible exception of the Naked Racing Project one, never seen one of those in the flesh. The fit's perfect- brackets onto the empty bolt hole behind the oil filter, and the pan's supported by 4 bolts so it's very sturdy. The pan's indestructible as well, pretty heavy because of that- it's fibreglass, and very thcik in places. Not much flex in it (good thing) and it'll survive a lot of abuse.

The downsides... They don't usually come colourmatched, and Pyramids charge a lot for the privilege. They cost you just a little ground clearance- not enough to be a problem, usually, and i was secretly delighted when I managed to deck mine out :) Less bad than some of the other pans I've seen for the carbed model, for sure. (i've never got it down again since I raised the rear) You need to be a wee bit careful with kerbs too, I whacked mine a couple of good ones going down higher kerbs without thinking about the pan ::)

The hole for the header is quite tight too, which is a good thing of course- until you fit a race sustem and find it doesn't fit any more. Mine (WRP) both fouled the pan, and also got in the way of the bracket. Lots of work going on to make it fit again, but it'll be worth it :) Lastly, the front point is very exposed to road debris and will chip... The finish is solid but it'd need to be bombproof. Bit of 3M film or something would be recommended. All lowers and pans will do this to some extent but the Pyramids one is just a little worse I think because of its position. After 15,000 miles mine looked a little second hand. Not disasterous, but you knew it'd seen some roads.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Northwind - thanks - The one that found is primered black, and I'll probably leave it that way since my bike is yellow - The whole bike is going to be repainted this winter as well. As you probably saw on the other board the Micron Header follows the same pattern as the stock header anyway so hopefully fitment won't be a problem there?? Good info on protecting the nose of the pan as well - I will definately address that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts