Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from having my dog euthanized. She was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma about 7 weeks ago and had surgery at the time. She had been having a real hard time the last couple days and we made the decision to have her euthanized. She was a great family dog. It was much harder than I expected and the worst day I have had in quite some time.

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
I've been in your shoes several times. It always feels terrible but it is the most painless option at times. I'm very sorry Nucular. What was her name?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Her name was Molly. She was 8 and the best family dog she could be. Friendliest dog in the world and never as much as barked at anyone in anger.

I offered to take her in because I thought I would do better at it than my wife but turns out I wasn't as good at it as I thought I would be.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Sorry to hear. We still have the pic of our dog Sam hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Saying goodbye to a pet is one of hardest things. As prepared as we think we are, it doesn't make it any easier. Pretty wonderful of you to stay with her until the end.

Maybe this will help to give you some peace. A good friend of mine told me once that we are our animals guardians. We take care of their bodies. When their bodies begin to fail them we have the privilege to let them go with dignity and without suffering. As hard as euthanasia is, to make that decision is better than to let them suffer until the end.

Thinking of you and your Molly today.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That is a very tough thing to do. It has been 13 months now since I had to put my dog down(cancer). He made it to 11 years of age. I understand how you feel and just know that is hard but you will find happiness and joy again. One day when you look at her pictures you will remember all of the great times.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the good thoughts. I never imagined I would have gotten so attached but those of you with pets know just how much a part of your family they become.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Thats really sucks man. Had to go through the same thing a couple-a-three years back.

Light at the end of the tunnel is I got a rescue dog and he's the best darn dog. It's like a rescue appreciates the second chance for a loving home.

·
Registered
747 Posts
That sucks.

I've had to put down 2 cats in the last 2 years. The first one was tough, but it was her time, she was old and her kidneys were failing.
The second one was really tough, he was still young, but he had cancer. I still don't like talking about him, putting him down tore me up for a long time.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Sorry to hear that Kevin, it's amazing how much influence a dog has on one's family. Are you going to get another dog?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Remember the wonderful times you had and the sadness will eventually become less.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts