1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Huh?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'll take this one. It lets you know if the bike is in neutral. It turns green and that means you can let pressure off the clutch lever and the bike won't try to jump out from under you. The yellow light is bad. It's close to the green one, but should not be confused with it. The yellow one means you are low on gas. It blinks to begin with, but when it stays on, you may be walking soon. The blue one is there as well. This one should be given attention. If it's on and you are riding in heavy traffic at night it could result in an a$$ whoopin. Hope this helps.  ;D

I'm not usually such an a$$hole but I'm feeling froggy tonight. Seriously, this is probably not the question you wanted aswered. Try again and be more specific. We can't see what you are looking at, so you have to give us details. We are usually pretty nice and will answer almost anything, but we have to know what you want to know. ;)

Welcome to the board though! ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The light on the front of your fairing above the headlight... dont make fun of me if you dont know what something is called.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Shea_G said:
The light on the front of your fairing above the headlight... don't make fun of me if you don't know what something is called.
Your not wrong, it is called the Position Light. It is mostly a European requirement. When the bike is parked and you turn the ignition to the "Park" setting the tail light comes on as well as the position light. It is the same as putting the parking lights on in your car. The member who posted the condisending remarks owes you an apology.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Lighten up, guys.  Weezer was just having a little bit of fun.  He doesn't OWE anyone anything.  Sometimes people are too uptight around here, especially those that haven't been around long enough to get a good feel for the attitudes of the regulars here.  Weezer's a stand-up guy, not a jerk, so enjoy it for what it was...... a joke.  ::)

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeah, ease up. when i read the question the only thing i could think of was the neutral light too (like gear position light). i wasnt even thinking of that little light on the first gens. the question was answered and lets just settle at that. now get out and do some ridin! ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I woulda gone with position light as well; Suzi calls it a "side light". Since they're (those U-rope-ee-ans) not required to run their headlight as we are -they actually have an on-off switch!- it's like a half-assed DRL.

:)

·
Registered
653 Posts
nc_sv650 said:
I woulda gone with position light as well; Suzi calls it a "side light". Since they're (those U-rope-ee-ans) not required to run their headlight as we are -they actually have an on-off switch!- it's like a half-assed DRL.

:)
That's not a bad idea. Having an on/off switch for the headlight would ease starting or working on the bike without the extra current draw.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I thought the second paragraph made it fairly clear that I was just goofin around. I guess not. Sorry to have pi$$ed you off. That wasn't my intention. Once again, welcome to the site. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts