Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has ever punched out a SV motor making it a different displacement. Please don't say "yes, its called a SV1k." I'm just curious if anyone has ever built a SV750 or something like that.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Google "Zlock Racing"
You can also get stroker cranks. Falicon's stroker + Zlock over bore kit = 808cc.
JHS Racing (a UK vendor) has some info on punching out SVs.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
We have a first gen 700 at work right now, and I have met a kid that had his to 800. The thing about it is, neither of these bikes started easily, and they never seemed to run quite right. Might be the age or another cause, but suffice it to say mine will be staying a 650.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Google "Zlock Racing"
You can also get stroker cranks. Falicon's stroker + Zlock over bore kit = 808cc.
I'll bet that Zlock makes for an interesting setup...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
What donnie said, I think I'd rather sleeve a 1k engine down to an 800 or 750 with super high compression and fab and fight it into the 650 frame...notice I did'nt say direct swap it into a 650 frame so I don't wanna hear it.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Google "Zlock Racing"
Wow,, you must really love your SV to spend 4 grand on an engine build up like that....
Just to think that a set up like is available makes love my SV that much more...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the zlock racing thing seems interesting. I'd like to ride one to see how different it was.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If a entire kit was done, I wonder how much shorter of a life span the motor would have, or would it be like any motor, as long as its taken care of it should last.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
He hasn´t broken it yet. smiley
How hard as he tried? My German has apparently deteriorated (and/or my technical vocabulary is so poor. I know "knockwellen" but my automotive German comes from 1969 "Powerslides" and "Auto Motor und Sport") that I can't tell what he's done to the SV.)

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
How hard as he tried?
I´m not totally sure. He gave an interview for a german mag doing an SV-special about 2 years ago. It was his normal street bike and though I don´t remember acutal dates being quoted I got the impression that he used it at least 2 years already.
I have no info regarding race use, but he makes a living from tuning motorcycle engines and I´d suspect a lot of these were also used by racers.

that I can't tell what he's done to the SV.)
Very likely the stage 3 from his website. Here´s my sorry attempt at a translation.

Stage 2 (stage 1 being the usual polishing etc.):
- displacement increase with 90 mm pistons
- clutch housing bore(?) , incl. wet cylinder bushings (?)
- crank shaft balancing
- +12 hp, +17 Nm (compared to stock)

Stage 3:
as Stage 2, but with 92 mm pistons (840 ccm) and sport cams
=> ca. +24hp and +20Nm (compared to stock, see the dyno-graph).
Why the dyno for stage 2 ends at 9000 rpm I dont´t know.

Hmm. Probably nothing you wouldn´t have already guessed. :)

Ciao
Jan

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an 01 nekd, with the full Zlock build, built in 07, and running strong, I do take great care in the maintenance of my bike. I drive it daily, and have over 10,000 miles on it since the Zlock build was done. All I need is a black fork gsxr swap and the suspension will be done as well!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
the power difference is noticeable in the mid range, also I top out around 140-145'ish, front end feels like its floating at those speeds (needs the gsxr swap)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts