Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, all. I just picked up my new baby this weekend. Only 3,800 miles on it! Now it sits proudly in the garage next to yellow650's bike, on account of he's my housemate.

Thus far, it's fantastic (except for the fact that my inaugural ride up from Ohio to MI was last weekend, in the torrential downpour left behind from Dennis). It's a big change from my '86 VFR700, but a welcome one. I think the biggest adjustment for me will be the clutch -- I got spoiled by the hydraulic one on the Viffer. Smooth, smooth. I keep forgetting I'm not on that bike, and lurching away from stop lights like it's my first ride ... :roll:

The scoot is stock with the exception of a Holeshot slipon & corresponding A/F screw adjustment and a flyscreen. Short-term plans include addition of motosliders (already ordered!), replacing the fork oil with some more respectible 20W, and adding an extra shim to the needle to hopefully resolve the somewhat jerky ride I have when putting around town at ~4K RPM.

I'm wicked excited about this bike, and I'm glad to see there's such an active community of riders!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
your not british birth are you??

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
orangegilly said:
You should come to the maintenance day wacky's hosting next week
I'd really like to make it to that, but I'll be stuck at the same work-related waste of time as yellow650. Thanks for the invite, though!

And no, Nexus -- not British. I grew up in Colorado, although I was born in *Ahem* New Jersey. Why do you ask?

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Welcome - congrats on the new bike - and you have my condolences for living with Mike! :D
Come out on a MI group ride at some point soon, it would be cool to meet you!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Welcome to to TSSB, no wait...SBA..no, I mean SVR. :lol:

Congrats on the bike and ride safe.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes, all.

AlexJ, I'll definitely be out at some Michigan group rides. That's the one mitigating factor about living with Mike -- he'll get me out on the bike more, which is a good thing. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
toobrokeforthat said:
interesting avatar you have there :shock: :lol:
Thankee. Aren't Teh Internets amazing? I had a tough time choosing between that beaut and the McDonald's Fat Kid, my favorite cliche over at fark.com.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
e lo said:
Thanks for the welcomes, all.

AlexJ, I'll definitely be out at some Michigan group rides. That's the one mitigating factor about living with Mike -- he'll get me out on the bike more, which is a good thing. :)
There is a ride this Sat. Check cycleforums.com go to sportsbikes, midwest, michigan. :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AlexJ said:
There is a ride this Sat. Check cycleforums.com go to sportsbikes, midwest, michigan. :D
Aw, damn. Now I have to sign up for another forum. :lol:

A ride this Sat. sounds great, but I'm already holding my ticket for the Michigan Beer Festival in my hot little hands, and I've got plans with the GF to start boozin' right at 1 PM ... gotta beat the line to the Dragonmead tent. It helps that my GF lives 3 blocks from Frog Island Park, too. Makes the stumble home afterwards easier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts