Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everybody-
The SV1000 project is almost finished. Nothing too radical, just enjoy people asking, "What kind of bike is that?" I plan on painting the tank and plastics gloss black (they are primer now) and possibly shortening the cans by about half. Thoughts?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm, not sure about the red seat cowl, the rest of the 2-tone works well but it looks a bit like it's just been forgotten... I really like the rest though. Fork legs?

You're right- it will be painted with the rest of everything else. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I was thinking the same thing- that it looks like I forgot to do something. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pretty dang cool. Was the frame powder coated or painted?
It was powdercoated. My cousin worked for Caterpillar as a welder, and before he was laid off, he gave me the hookup. Actually, this is an '03, so I had to powdercoat the frame, subframe, swingarm, and wheels. The silver just wasn't doing it for me. It is industrial color- the actual fire-engine red that they coat fire engines with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.