Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everybody-
The SV1000 project is almost finished. Nothing too radical, just enjoy people asking, "What kind of bike is that?" I plan on painting the tank and plastics gloss black (they are primer now) and possibly shortening the cans by about half. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Impressive.

I've never really thought the SV's lines lend themselves to these sort of "halfsy" jobs, but this one is nice.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looks good nice right now, but once you have the gloss black on there, it going to look awesome. Black chin spoiler would look good on your bike too.
Stinky_finger

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
it would be pretty sweet if you could find a red tinted windscreen

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Hmm, not sure about the red seat cowl, the rest of the 2-tone works well but it looks a bit like it's just been forgotten... I really like the rest though. Fork legs?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yeah. I just assumed the seat cowl would be painted gloss black when the other stuff went "under the gun."

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm, not sure about the red seat cowl, the rest of the 2-tone works well but it looks a bit like it's just been forgotten... I really like the rest though. Fork legs?

You're right- it will be painted with the rest of everything else. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I was thinking the same thing- that it looks like I forgot to do something. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pretty dang cool. Was the frame powder coated or painted?
It was powdercoated. My cousin worked for Caterpillar as a welder, and before he was laid off, he gave me the hookup. Actually, this is an '03, so I had to powdercoat the frame, subframe, swingarm, and wheels. The silver just wasn't doing it for me. It is industrial color- the actual fire-engine red that they coat fire engines with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts