Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive finally got around to starting on my 99 sv which I planned on doing a couple months ago, its just been so darn cold and most of my main parts have finally arrived so I did a little work this weekend.
This is after the first make-over happened, I didnt spend a whole lot of time on it I just mainly wanted to ride. Only had around $1100 in it once it was going, since I bought it wrecked.

Which leads me to this point and time, I got my home-ade rearstand finished and working so now we can get some spacers made to adapt the bandit wheel. I also relocated the ignition switch to inside the frame as well as made a couple headlight brackets from my new v-rod headlight.

Everything feels like a cluster right now, but hopefully it should all come together good.
Mods are going to be
-v rod headlight
-07 gsxr 600 forks
-07 gsxr tail (with new subframe)
-03 bandit wheel with 180 dunlop qualifier
-custom dual exhaust
Once I get all of that done I will just gather up all the nice looking odds and ends

Also heres a teaser of whats also going on in our garage, Its not my style but hey I still think it looks pretty wicked!

I cant say enough about this site though, Ive been kind of a long time lurker and without it I wouldnt of even got the sv in the first place

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dad is the one building the chopper, but hasn't done much in the past couple weeks. Here is a couple pics of what the front end is gonna look like, I also got the bandit wheel on with the 180 qualifier. Makes a tone of difference as far as looks go. Let me know what you think, the headlight brackets look a little rough but should come together with some paint.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nice! I especially like the look of the V-rod headlight.
I wish I was as poor as you, because it seems you are a step away from being homeless ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha shoot, well maybe not that poor but im tryin to get by with as little as I can. So far Im still probably under the $1000 mark for what I got in it. The most expensive thing besides the whole bike is the stinkin v-rod headlight lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you just cram all your wiring up in there with the airbox, or do you have pods or something similar to make room?
Wiring is a mess right now, I pulled all of the electrical tape off from the headlight to that yellow connector beside the ignition switch. Alot of it is going to need to be shortened and alot of stuff was kinda hacked on it. I just did kind cram the wires in there though to get em outa the way just while im workin on it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did you get that design for the swingarm stand? I would like to fab one up at home.

I didnt really have a design set I just took a bunch of our scrap and went after it, It took a coping tool and tubing bender though. If ya got the resources just take a couple measurements and go for it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I didnt really have a design set I just took a bunch of our scrap and went after it, It took a coping tool and tubing bender though. If ya got the resources just take a couple measurements and go for it.
I think I will do that, my welding teacher at school should let me use the tools, looks awesome and looks great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I will do that, my welding teacher at school should let me use the tools, looks awesome and looks great.
Yeh should be no big deal for ya then man, hardest part might just be findin some nice wheels. I stole mine off a set of my sisters roller blades. Oops

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
any pics of the tail your putting on?
Heres a crude mock up of what it'll look like. It should sit a few more inches to the rear once the seats on. I still need to try to glass a seat cowl for it, and actually start on my subframe but Ill probably leave that for next weekend. Im kinda feeling a paint scheme kinda like on one of Roland Sands bikes, what do you think? Maybe an orange instead of red but keep the flat black and gold leaf? I love the look, my bikes just not that high quality. lol I also want to get started on a belly pan for it, made out of sheetmetal. It may be a little heavy but I think I'll be able to get the desired look. Let me know what ya think

·
Registered
984 Posts
LoL, I missed the line about the chopper. I'm scrolling along, digging your project, and then I was like? 'wtf, he turned a 1st Gen into a....a....CHOPPER?!?!?! Get the AXE!!!'

:D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts