Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on the Holeshot site under the suspension section and saw the Progressive 420 series rear shock that looks ready to bolt on. Does anyone out there have any experience with using this shock on thier SV650? Seems a reasonable price? My bike will be nearing 10K miles this summer and I will need an upgrade from the stock shock. thanks! any input appreciated.....

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I used one.  Great buld quality and easy bolt-on isntall.

Now I use a 636 shock and would suggest the 636 shock over the Progressive 420, unless you'd rather spend the $$$ and not cut anything... in which case I might suggest saving up for a Penske, Fox or Ohlins. 

The 636 (GSXR as well) shock has compression, rebound and pre-load adjustments.  The 420 only has pre-load and some single proprietary adjuster that supposedly does both the compression and rebound. 

I don't knos what they sell for on holeshots site but you can find them for ~$350.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
would the holeshot solution be good for someone that doesnt plan on doing trackdays, and just wants a higher ride quality for every day riding? For the price, it seems like this would be the best option since I dont ever plan on racing etc...and the expensive solutions seem better for track bikes or people who do track days. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
05SVS said:
would the holeshot solution be good for someone that doesnt plan on doing trackdays, and just wants a higher ride quality for every day riding?  For the price, it seems like this would be the best option since I dont ever plan on racing etc...and the expensive solutions seem better for track bikes or people who do track days.  Does that sound about right?
high end shocks arent just for racers, they can be set up for however you use the bike. they will be much better than progressive shock.

$350 is waste of money for what you get from that shock(in my opinion). if you arent going to buy a penske or ohlins, just buy a gsxr shock off of ebay until you can afford something better.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Man go with the 636 that Donnie is talking about. I even figured out how to stay away from cutting the battery box and putting the battery on top of the resevoir. I got my 05 636 shock for 40 bucks. Best 40 dollars I ever spent. It bolts right on too. EASY!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
keep an eye on ebay. i picked up my GSXR shock for less than $30. a brand new one just taken off a bike destined for the track. just gotta know how to find the good deals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts