Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum for information on my problem and I was unsuccessful. I hope the is a not a redudndant question>> When pulling away from a stop sign hard in 1st gear I have FI problems... The bike basically stalls like it has run out of gas. The fix is to turn the ignition off and then on and the bike starts immediately. I have adjusted the throttle position sensor as well as the TRE mod. Anyone else out there have an 05' 650S with these mods? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Do you have aftermarket pipes with a Power Commander installed? If so, check your TPS bypass wire (or whatever the hell its called) to make sure that it is properly connected to the TPS module.

Woody

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything on my bike is stock with the exception of the TPS adjustment and the TRE mod. I am going to eliminate one of the two and do some testing today. With the TRE my bike thinks it is in 6th all the time. This problem I am experiencing only happens in first. So, I was wondering if there was a rev limiter in 6th, which I don't believe there is. I wonder why no one else has experience this.

·
Registered
270 Posts
And this problem started happening after the TPS and TRE mod? Or has it always been happening and you just did the mods to try to correct it but it didn't help?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The TPS adjustment was a PITA for me!
Disconnect the TRE mod and ride around and see if it still does the problem. If that doesn't fix the problem. Check the bikes RPM when idle (1200 RPM). If the idle checks fine. Increase your RPM to 1300 to 1400 and recheck. If it goes away then you will have to make an adjustment to the TPS.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I adjusted the TPS back to its factory position and now I no longer have problems when accerlerating hard in 1st from a standstill. I left my 15k resistor in its place. Now when in diagnostics mode The bar on the speedo doesn't move to the top position until the RPMs are at 3k. I would be interested to know why this was happening if anyone knows. BH

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, so the same day I reset my TPS I end up riding 300 miles later on in the day... It happened again twice. (When starting at a standstill and taking off as fast as I can, the engine just bogs and dies. Whenever I turn off the key to the ignition, then hit the kill switch. Then without pause I turn the Ignition on.. then kill switch and it starts as usual.) So, now I am going to remove my homemade TRE and since if that resolves it. If that doesn't work things are going to get nasty. Whatever the error is related to it seems to clear itself from the ECU when the ignition is cycled. How bad will I miss the TRE? Any Thoughts? BH

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just realized I did a very poor job of describing WHEN the bike bogs and dies. The SV doesn't die immediately. It dies around 25mph and only in first. I am able to take off without problems. Its later whne approaching redline,,,,,,where I don't know cause I am never looking when it happens. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Robotben311 said:
I just realized I did a very poor job of describing WHEN the bike bogs and dies.  The SV doesn't die immediately.  It dies around 25mph and only in first.  I am able to take off without problems.  Its later whne approaching redline,,,,,,where I don't know cause I am never looking when it happens. I hope that helps.
OH. well, forget what I said. Sorry, I dunno...I'm clueless. Yeah, maybe try to remove your TRE mod, see if that helps. I dunno.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I removed my TRE mod and I still have the same problem.
In order for the bike to die and get a FI code I have to basically goose it off the line from a standstill. The bike dies at 8500rpm. If I am going 40 and I slow down to 25 and downshift to 1st and then goose it, the bike is fine I can take it to redline. I would like to take it to the dealer but I don't really know what to expect from them since I replaced a good chunk of my bike when I wrecked it. It's all OEM. However, I think since I dropped the bike my warranty has been voided. Anyone with info or similiar experience would be great. BH

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dose the dealer even know you wrecked it? Even if they do as long as everything is OEM I don't see anyway they could void your warranty. Now if you have them do a diagnostic or any type of work and it's not related to the warranty then you be paying for the bill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts