Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I've had my SV650 for 3 days now and I'm really struggling to get used to the mirrors, I feel like I'm seeing too much elbow and that they are just too narrow. Is this a common problem and does anyone know what I can do? Whether it's getting aftermarket ones or making some sort of adjustment.

Hope I don't sound like a total amateur, any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
mirror extenders. A little plastic block that goes between the mirror assembly and the bike. Do a search, there was a thread about it not too long ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few solutions to the elbows in the mirrors syndrome.

1.) Napoleon Bar End mirrors - I had these on my SV and loved them. Very good view with these.
2.) Third Eye Bard End mirrors - these are much cheaper than the napoleons and can be found in most bicycle shops.
3.) Dale Walker's Holeshot.com sells mirror extenders for naked bikes. Check www.holeshot.com and look under SV650 parts.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Haven't you heard?

The SV is a 'girly' bike! ;D ;) ;D

Girly's don't have broad shoulders.

One of your countryman has a solution that I am using quite successfully on my bike.

http://www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/

Second mod I put on the bike after the frame sliders.
You do have frame sliders ... do you?

Pranged radiators cost big bucks ... sliders pay for themselves as soon as you lay it down :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Currently said:
One of your countryman has a solution that I am using quite successfully on my bike.

http://www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/
I'll second that, I've added some of these and they work a treat, no more doing the chicken dance when you want to look behind you...

·
Registered
15 Posts
vtwinheaven said:
As per his signature, he owns a naked SV, hence my recommendation for bar end mirrors.
D'oh!

Good point, well made... :-[

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Oh Man!  How could I have missed that!    :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

forty lashes with a wet noodle ... lets make 'em bloody ... dip 'em in marinara sauce first!    :D  ;)

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Napoleon Bar ends ws my first mod...... still haven't put frame sliders on and don't plan on it, I think they look dorky, they have a training wheel look to them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your replies, I now have lots of options to choose from, not too sure about the bar end mirrors, purely cause of how they look (I know I sound fussy, ha).

Yes I do have frame sliders, they were an added extra when I bought the bike. As well as Renthal bars, after-market indicators and carbon fibre look bar end protectors.

Thanks to you all again!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
FunkDaddy said:
My $0 solution - I just move my elbows when I look in the mirror :)
That solution depends on how big you are, I have a 48 chest and no gut.

The bike was designed for a 130 -140 pound person, I can see them tucking the elbows in and seeing what is going on behind them with little problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.