Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my gearbox sticks like crazy when trying to find Neutral. If I'm rolling a little it is easier but not much. In general, shifting thru the gears while racing it's quite effortless. Not sure what's going on...but sitting on pit row or on the grid, I struggle like crazy to find neutral. I have to pull up so hard it usually goes right to second and then I have to push down so hard it goes right back to first. It does this even with fresh oil. I use Mobil 1, 4T full synthetic motorcycle race oil (in case you were going to ask). Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Perhaps the geometry of your shift rod to gear box arm is off. The relationship of the shift rod attachment to the gear box pinch bolt arm should be roughly 90deg when in neutral. You can loosen and remove the pinch bolt at the gear box arm and rotate the arm to change this angle. You may need to loosen the shift rod bolts to do this. Worth a try maybe.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have had this problem, but not on a race bike. The culprit has always been oil getting old and/or clutch getting out of adjustment. I'm not sure why, but revving it a little bit and tapping the shifter into N has worked well for me when it's sticky at idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts