Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who had a problem putting the oem fairings on?
I had to make these fairing fit push here pull there, and yes I followed the instuctions word for word. The right side was not that bad, but the left side I had to modify the original upper fairing hangers to force the fairings to fit. It seamed that the curved support brackets were at least 1/2 to 1 inch from where they needed to be please help if there is any.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Mine went right on my '03 when I installed. One trick is not to snug all the fasteners until each one is started and threaded in numerous turns.

It's also possible that those brackets you speak of have been bent somehow. When I went down last October thanks to Dos Venado Diablo (2 devil deer), my right side bracket was "readjusted" from the impact. That's the area one of the deer hit me. I had to do a little tweeking to get it to line up to the holes in the upper and lower. It was forcing the upper to finish much closer to the frame than the left side.

Got your R&G "No Cut" Frame Sliders, yet? Better get 'em fast before those new skins see the gravel! They saved my bike and my ass! www.ema-usa.com

·
Registered
644 Posts
Get the no cut motosliders!!! ;)

I had the same issue when I was trying to get the fairings back on when I put my motosliders on and it did take massaging. Like Sack Said...dont snuck anything down until you get the other bolts in and then start snugging them down.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have an 03 Copper as well and the left side was WAY off. I had to bend (I think) the upper bracket support a bit to not only reach the holes, but also ensure that the gaps between the panels were balanced on both sides. Even then, it is not perfect and I made sure that all my fasteners were in before fully tightening them down. No big deal ... just make it work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Donkeyman Its nice to know that I wasn't the only one to have this problem. Everything you said I'm just sitting here nodding and saying yeah I had the exact same problem, and did the exact same things.

P.S. I have a picture of your bike as my background, because I have no way of uploading pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts