Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new in Forum.

I bought not long ago SV 650 n 2005.

After 20 minutes of riding i have minimal drop of turns in tachometer. And for some longer it drops to 0 and back. After little more engine turns off.

It looked like problem with charging battery. I checked it voltage control is broken but with new one was the same. Then I checked battery and problem still exsist. I checked voltage with turned off engine was about 12,6 V and afrer turned on 13,2V and it was charging.
Can anyone have idea what could be broken ?

It looks like with heating up something stops working.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
If the engine runs when cold but dies after running a while, first place I'd look is the fuel system. The electric pump inlet screen WILL get very dirty with use and a restriction there will act as you describe. You need to pull the pump out and take it apart to inspect and clean the filter. With the miles you have on your bike it wouldn't be a bad idea to inspect the fuel screen even if you weren't having problems.

Mine was clogged up with debris and rust and would run well when first started on a full tank but was losing power badly as the ride went on. Ended up putting a new pump in the housing which vastly helped the situation. If you check the screen and it turns out to be very clean and this doesn't help your problem, we can dig deeper into it and figure out what is going wrong. Good luck!:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You for advice. I cheked it. Pomp filter was very dirty and I cleaned it. But after all problem is still the same.
Propably I didn't decribe it enough well. It's almost for sure kind of electric problem. And it's like battery is not going to be charged at some point. After some riding I have not enough battery to start engine. I think loosing turns and later turining off engine is becouse of not enough power in battery. Battery isnt issue same voltage regulator. Still looking for some advice, at the moment I think about going to mechanic.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oh....I see now. You aren't charging the battery.:( That should be easy to pinpoint with a volt-meter. Running around 5000 rpm it should be charging 14 volts or so. If it isn't, you do have a problem that will need mechanical attention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts