Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up the new Suzuki SFV650 in 3-4 weeks time, but the current bike is having some problems.

It's a Suzuki GSF250 Bandit, paid $3k AUD for it so didn't expect much.

But 4 or so months into owning it I started having problems. At first the bike stop starting so i had to start bump starting it to get it going, wasn't a problem because it's a smallish bike. Found out the battery was over charging so I got that problme fixed.

Now I'm getting the same problem where it doesnt start, but now it makes a clicking noise when i try to start it? Starter motor?

And the other thing is, if I've been riding the bike a fair bit and it runs hot. For example I recently did a 250km ride. While I was on my way I stopped buy a petrol station to put fuel in, after putting the fuel in. I started the bike but the only way it would stay running was for me to completely open the throttle and it would only stay around 2k revs then it would rev up high to 18k. Then it was fine, it's been doing this a bit lately. Havn't taken it in anywhere as of yet. But any thoughts?

P.S sorry If i posted in the wrong section btw

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Usually when it clicks the battery is low or kaput with maybe a collapsed cell plate. Put a multi-meter on it to check the voltage. The overcharging problem may have stuffed the battery.

EDIT: check and clean battery terminals also.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The overcharging would definitely kill a battery since it can boil the acid inside.

For the reving issue, I would check the carbs. Sounds like a similar issue I had with my old Honda. The carbs probably need to be cleaned/synced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That all makes sense, thanks heaps guys. I guess I'll take it back to the guy who origanally thought he fixed it.

Get him to look at the carbs too. Bikes been nothign but problems, 4 days into owning it the front brake calipers fell off well I was stopped at some traffic lights =/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts