Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know this is my first bike, so, very new to everything. I bought this bike about 7 months ago from a man who had not cranked it in a year, it had 2900 miles on it, I cleaned the old gas out, but I could see rust in the tank so I washed it out a few more times. The bike ran fine until two months ago, at first it started dying at around 8000 rpm, not completely quiting but seemed like it wasnt getting any gas until I let off, and would be fine at 6000 rpm, so i didnt ride it very much after that. Went for a short ride yesterday about 2 miles and it cut off on me twice when I engaged the clutch also didnt seem to be getting any gas at all rpms. Where is the first place I should look for problems. I have the service manual, is this something an expert should be doing. any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I would say the fuel filter is clogged or the fuel pump is clogged somewhere....

Flows enough fuel for low RPM stuff but when it starts drinking heavily it cant keep up and the engine dies...

Try some SeaFoam in the tank first, then the filter, then into the pump and/or injector(s)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts