Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my bike in a shop to get a new rear tire and had them bleed the brakes while it was in there. When I picked it up last night everything was good, till I was coming up to the toll on the GW bridge and had what I thought at the time was a brake failure that scared the **** out of me. I had to squeeze the lever no more than half an inch from the clip on to get any action out of it!

After tripling my following distance for what felt like the longest ride to the garage ever, I realized when I got back the adjuster had clicked over from 1 to 6. I put it back at 1 and during my ride into work this morning it did it again! Son of a *****. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is there a possible fix for this or should I take it as a sign its time to upgrade to some nicer levers?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Shop probably changed it, mine has never changed by itself.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds like the shop did something... not an expert on brakes but sounds like there may be air in the lines. I would take it back and make them check it asap no self respecting shop is going to gamble with the liability of a possibly botched brake job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts