Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone is wondering, The Protaper universal clamp adapters (7/8 to 1 1/8 inch, P/N 02-4899) and the "Mini Low bend"(P/N 02-4804 Gold, 02-4808 Silver) bars fit with NO modification (Cables or otherwise) on the '03+ SV650N. And they look and feel beefy STREETFIGHTER GOOD! Take the bull by the horns ladies and gents! 8) ;D

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
How about some pictures?

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
It is simple really but you have to have your pictures uploaded somewhere online first. I ftp mine onto my ISP server because I am allowed 4mb for storage. Then you just use the image tags at each end of the url for the picture.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Morpheous said:
Honestly cant figure out how to post them on these threads......seems like it should be simple but its not
you can also using a free picture host service, like that offered at www.photobucket.com....just upload from your computer, then copy the IMG link below the picture and paste it into your post and you are done....also if the pics are big or rotated you can correct that by pressing the "edit" button above the pic....good luck!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went for something kinda like that but I used renthal fatbars and clamps instead. You can get them from http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/ they also have a handy chart to show you the different height and sweep and such of all the bars. Hope thats of help to someone! :)

I went for the 36mm clamps by the way, you'll struggle to clear the preload adjusters with the 30mm jobs.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Cookie those look pretty good.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem on the thread jack, (def prefer without the cross bar). Mine look really cool too, they are the same color and texture of the silver cast alum head truss on my frame so I couldnt be happier with them aesthetically.

To answer the question above on why? I went and sat on an Aprilia Tuono R, those gold fat bars just called out to me, before my wallet worked its way out of my pocket I ran home and ebayed some fat bars and adapters for my SV. They are just more befitting a motorcycle than the skinny little 7/8 bars. The only thing you give up with dirtbike bars is less rerward sweep. The most I could find was 3 inches of sweep. other than that, they in fact may be stronger in a crash to help protect tank and radiator as they wont bend in like chromoly bars. Jusy fit some sliders in the ends and you may have the best frame protection yet undiscovered/ (They are 30 inches wide, another dirt bike characteristic) They also provide more leverage making the SV feel supermoto like in its nimbleness.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Morpheous said:
To answer the question above on why? I went and sat on an Aprilia Tuono R, those gold fat bars just called out to me, before my wallet worked its way out of my pocket I ran home and ebayed some fat bars and adapters for my SV. They are just more befitting a motorcycle than the skinny little 7/8 bars. The only thing you give up with dirtbike bars is less rerward sweep. The most I could find was 3 inches of sweep. other than that, they in fact may be stronger in a crash to help protect tank and radiator as they wont bend in like chromoly bars. Jusy fit some sliders in the ends and you may have the best frame protection yet undiscovered/ (They are 30 inches wide, another dirt bike characteristic) They also provide more leverage making the SV feel supermoto like in its nimbleness.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BUMP Pics.....

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I see you finally figured out how to post pictures. You gotta warn folks though because now that one post of mine looks weird since you deleted your post asking how to do it, LOL. ;D

·
Registered
166 Posts
does the naked have clip-ons stock?

·
Registered
166 Posts
nevermind that :-[

1 - 15 of 15 Posts