Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an account with a private torrent tracker? Demonoid finally going under has spurred me on to looking for a replacement. I'm interested to hear people's input on what communities they like and who has the best content.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
https://what.cd/

By far the best private torrent site I've ever encountered. It's extremely difficult to obtain an account and you must maintain strict upload/download ratios.

Here's some helpful information:

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Hmm had no idea demonoid went under. That was a big one..I will try those out. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mostly I use it for non licensed things, or TV shows that I consider fair game since they aired publicly anyway. But then there's times I want to try a game that could be good or a flop before dropping $50-60 on it and there's no demo. I do try to support people that do good work.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
https://what.cd/

By far the best private torrent site I've ever encountered. It's extremely difficult to obtain an account and you must maintain strict upload/download ratios.

Here's some helpful information:

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/
I'm pretty liberal with my uploading. Now I guess I need to figure out how to get an account.

Edit: They do mostly video, I'm mostly interested in PC Games and TV shows.

·
...is no fun!
2,764 Posts
Mostly I use it for non licensed things, or TV shows that I consider fair game since they aired publicly anyway. But then there's times I want to try a game that could be good or a flop before dropping $50-60 on it and there's no demo. I do try to support people that do good work.
So you have reasons to justify your stealing - good to know :eek:ccasion14:

While we're on the topic - uTorrent is giving me fatal crashes every 1-3 minutes. It's really pissing me off. Anyone have a better alternative? I've tried rolling back to two previous versions with no luck.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you have reasons to justify your stealing - good to know :eek:ccasion14:

While we're on the topic - uTorrent is giving me fatal crashes every 1-3 minutes. It's really pissing me off. Anyone have a better alternative? I've tried rolling back to two previous versions with no luck.
BitTorrent works nicely for me. And when I either get rid of it or pay full price for it if I like it, I don't know that it's stealing, though probably technically is.

·
...is no fun!
2,764 Posts
BitTorrent works nicely for me. And when I either get rid of it or pay full price for it if I like it, I don't know that it's stealing, though probably technically is.
Technically and legally, it is. And how often do you actually go out and purchase something you enjoyed?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Technically and legally, it is. And how often do you actually go out and purchase something you enjoyed?
Nearly every time, I'm gainfully employed. I'm building a quite immense game library through steam, even if I played it on a torrent and enjoyed it but don't plan on playing it when I buy it. Movies less frequently, just because I think most of what I watch really isn't that good, but every so often I'll pick up a good movie. Something like Iron Man or Sherlock Holmes or the Doctor Who series all qualify.

·
...is no fun!
2,764 Posts
Nearly every time, I'm gainfully employed. I'm building a quite immense game library through steam, even if I played it on a torrent and enjoyed it but don't plan on playing it when I buy it. Movies less frequently, just because I think most of what I watch really isn't that good, but every so often I'll pick up a good movie. Something like Iron Man or Sherlock Holmes or the Doctor Who series all qualify.
So the movies you'll buy if you intend to rewatch them - but not the initial viewing? If you sit down 300 times to watch a movie in a given year, how many of them do you estimate you've already seen?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So the movies you'll buy if you intend to rewatch them - but not the initial viewing? If you sit down 300 times to watch a movie in a given year, how many of them do you estimate you've already seen?
No I'll buy them if they're worth owning, if I watched it and just hated the movie I won't get it. And I would say I've seen about 70% of the movies I watch each year previously.

Edit: Granted my family has a fairly large collection of 200+ movies.

·
...is no fun!
2,764 Posts
No I'll buy them if they're worth owning, if I watched it and just hated the movie I won't get it. And I would say I've seen about 70% of the movies I watch each year previously.

Edit: Granted my family has a fairly large collection of 200+ movies.
How many movies do you watch a year?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you pirate 2 movies/shows a week. :eek:ccasion14:
That's what it had worked out to before Demonoid closed, now I do mostly streaming for TV episodes. But that's about the rate that I was checking to see what movies were worth getting.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you go to a theater and you didn't like the movie, do you expect to get your money back?
No, and you have a point. But I've become fed up with people releasing what amounts to absolute crap and I'm out between 10 and 60 bucks each time (depending on a game or a movie).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts