Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pristine, never dropped, never crashed 1999 SV650 (two owners, I bought in 2002). Blue. Has the original aluminum welded frame. All maintenance records since 2002, new Dunlop Roadsmart II tires, new rear brake caliber, center of the spec valve clearances with around 12,500 miles on it. Garaged every Rochester, NY winter and in summer when not riding as well. In a light rain only once and completely cleaned after.

All stock from the exhaust to the carbs except:
1. Two shims under each needle with one size up from stock pilot jet.
2. A digital temperature sensor that enables me to monitor the engine temperature in C or F. (mounted on top of front brake fluid well above right handlebar.
3. A manual fan switch to turn on the fan whenever I want instead of the 215F onset of the stock thermostat. I thought that was too hot.
4. A custom cut (by me) removable, confor foam industrial vibration pad (green coded) 1 inch thick.....makes riding plush.

I am trying to come up with pricing to sell this SV650 if I decide to. I am 62 now and last year, for the first time, it started feeling a little bit heavy and large for me. (5'8' 140 lbs).

What would be a reasonable price to ask for the above bike if you guys don't mind my asking here.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I paid $1250 for my 99 in roughly the same condition last spring. But that was a good deal I think. The market is absolutely insane these days, I think you could list it for 2.5-3k and end up getting 2-2.5k for it if someone is interested. For 2k you can probably sell it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,076 Posts
I'd start at $3,500 and settle somewhere around 3k. Try finding a midsize sport bike, in good condition, with records for less that $3,000 today. Very difficult. The year (apart from 3-5 years old or newer), and make/model are less important for a mid size sport bike buyer than finding a good deal on a bike in good condition. My $.02.

BTW jsanch, is it an N or S, and where are you located? Pics?

Reactions: Straticus

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just listed my 2009 SFV650, with the maintenance records, 7,000 miles on it, at the advice of a friend that manages a motorbike dealership, for $4,800. He suggested starting there. As the person above said, it's really difficult to find a solid, standard bike in good condition. I just listed on Facebook Market place and Craigslist. I have already had the several people offer to buy it via PayPal, which I specifically asked for a cash sale... With all the scammers these days I am afraid to use a cash transfer service. One guy wanted to use PayPal so he could use his credit card to purchase my bike...

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it was an S model you could start at about 6k especially with the low miles they are gaining in value again because everyone is finding out what we already know, it's one of the best bikes ever made. My 01 S model is modified quite a bit, I've been offered 7500 for mine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd start at $3,500 and settle somewhere around 3k. Try finding a midsize sport bike, in good condition, with records for less that $3,000 today. Very difficult. The year (apart from 3-5 years old or newer), and make/model are less important for a mid size sport bike buyer than finding a good deal on a bike in good condition. My $.02.

BTW jsanch, is it an N or S, and where are you located? Pics?
Correct.

All 1999 SV650 were naked bikes. I am located in Rochester, NY.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just listed my 2009 SFV650, with the maintenance records, 7,000 miles on it, at the advice of a friend that manages a motorbike dealership, for $4,800. He suggested starting there. As the person above said, it's really difficult to find a solid, standard bike in good condition. I just listed on Facebook Market place and Craigslist. I have already had the several people offer to buy it via PayPal, which I specifically asked for a cash sale... With all the scammers these days I am afraid to use a cash transfer service. One guy wanted to use PayPal so he could use his credit card to purchase my bike...
Thanks Geo. I appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it was an S model you could start at about 6k especially with the low miles they are gaining in value again because everyone is finding out what we already know, it's one of the best bikes ever made. My 01 S model is modified quite a bit, I've been offered 7500 for mine.
It is a naked model. Thank you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely you want to sell it to someone who is standing in front of you with cash, then, they hand you the cash, and take the bike for their first ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts