Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All,

I am looking for a [new] bike (SV650 or SV650S), and do prefer the yellow colour. As far as I understand they've made yellow SV650 for the last two model years, 2004-2005 (2003 colours were ugly silver and ugly rusty -- no offence, just my not very HO)

Anyways, I don't mind a used bike since it's going to be my first bike and I cannot really decide S vs. non-S (aka naked). But a used one is hard to find in my area (metro Atlanta). I will be getting a bike within next month or so, maybe two months -- no rush for me.

Hence, the questions:

1. I've got no idea, whether bike dealers will be willing to negotiate the sticker prices, I know about cars, but bikes -- no clue! What's the best/a good price for the bike? What other fees (like sales taxes/paperwork fees or so) may be involved? any information about used bikes (private parties, dealers) and new bikes will be much appreciated.

2. I've found a delearship up in Bartow county (http://www.sobcr.com/) with some extra attrictive prices (about $1K off MSRP + just sales tax) -- has anyone had any experience with these guys? (I know they say the prices valid until some time in the past). Do their deals sound good or it's just another way of making me drive all the way up there just to give me "the last bike for this price was sold 30 min ago, but we do have just what you need for a little bit more!" sort of speach??

3. (finally) How does the S compare to the naked SV650? I sat on both and I found that the naked felt more comfortable for me, but I did like the looks of the S...

Thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello PeterRus,
Welcome to SVRIDER my friend. 8) Either the (S) or the Naked SV would be a great choice. I too like the looks of the (S), but the ergonomics was not friendly to me. I finally chose a new Yellow naked 04 last year and I'm extremely pleased. I really like the looks of the 2005 black frame and Yellow naked color scheme. So if the naked feels better to you buy it. Besides you can always add some plastic parts ( Chin-Spoiler, Radiator Cover ) which really changes the naked bike's appearance.
Just my opinion but, you should be able to purchase a naked out the door for $5900 or $6000 dollars now. ;)
Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I got mine ... the S model for 6060 last weekend.

Ask the dealer if he wants to sell cause you can get it for that price from someone who wants to clear their floor for the '06 models. It is the end of the summer and for most of the country the end of the riding season.

About 500 bucks off MSRP seems to be the going rate for a good deal.

Some dealers are more desperate than others. Give them a call and say, "Look, I live X miles away and I am not going to drive there unless you make it worth my while."

What do you have to lose?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres a copy from another post on this,  I did the cyclebuy thing and got the invoice(I also sell cars for a living) ::

2005 SVS dealer Cost: $5478
Freight $150
Assembly cost $40

Total ready to sell cost: $5568(adjusted for bikes built after Jan 1st)
Holdback paid back to the dealer bi-annually is 3% of retail(6449) about 200 bucks.

I figured 200 over ready to sell+state taxes(3% in va)/tags/and $100 bucks to pay thier assembly guy  so I was looking to spend about $6300.

With holdback, the dealer would get a total proffit of about 500 bucks-let them figure out how they want to fit thier 'charges' in the deal.  Just call dealers when you are ready and say "I want to buy an SVS TODAY!!!  Can you do it for $$$ out the door.  Be fair, but 300 over cost (5868) + your standard taxes % and tags for your state should get a nibble from someone.   I like the yellow too(it kinda looks like a daytona with the lowers),  and most dealers around here have 3 or 4 in stock.  The blue is the 'hot' color but imho the yella looks better with the black frame(which I cant stand)....I also would throw in 'i may want to get a service plan too' and it makes them jump, but get the bike priced FIRST!!!  It doesnt hurt to call them on a tuesday or wednesday or on a rainy day. ADDED: I have gotten two offers for $6100 out the door now!(remember though my state tax is only 3%)

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can always negotiate. I ended up paying $6400 out the door back in July, always negotiate on an out the door price. The bike itself was $5500, but the New York sales tax, license, registration etc. added up to $6400.

P.S. I have the SV650S, and I love it...the looks, the ride etc.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys, I think I got an idea.
So, $1k under the MSRP is what I should be aiming at. Plus sales tax.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me, again.

Looks like I've found a yellow naked for $5600 ot the door...

·
Registered
551 Posts
did he call the 03 copper color..................ugly rusty?
i got a blue bike and im in love with that copper!

·
Registered
197 Posts
:eek:

he just said that silver is ugly and banana, I mean yellow, is the best... what is the world coming to

·
Registered
231 Posts
PeterRus said:
Me, again.

Looks like I've found a yellow naked for $5600 ot the door...
Now that you have found what you were looking for, have you bought it yet?
8)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Currently said:
I got mine ... the S model for 6060 last weekend.
wow, that's weird...I paid 6060 for my 04 "S" in march.  dealer had the incorrect price tag ($6060) on the bike, he was going to take it back and charge me full retail until I threatened to go buy a yamaha at the dealership across town.

That's price, not OTD.  Our sales tax is 10%, so NO dealership is going to pic up that bill for ya.

about the naked vs the S. I didnt like the ergos of the S when I first sat on it...the naked just felt so much more comfortable and natural to me. but I prefered the look of the S, and my dealer had only 2 sv650's in stock - a naked blue, and a yellow "S", so the choice was obvious...I had to have the YELLOW!!!!!

It felt awkward at first, but I got used to the riding position very quickly.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A1A said:
Now that you have found what you were looking for, have you bought it yet?
Of course, not.
I have an interview in... Texas next w/end and I though it'd be a silly thing to do if I am to move...

·
Registered
212 Posts
i live north of atlanta (canton but more of woodstock) and i own an 05 blue! Ill sell you mine for $5500

·
Registered
92 Posts
i got my 05 s yellow in march for 7800 after extend warranty and all other dealer bull i see alot of low prices but i checked everything on my ticket and half of it is bull crap but there is no way i could have gotten out of it. i paid what the man wanted and couldn't be happier

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dom said:
i live north of atlanta (canton but more of woodstock) and i own an 05 blue! Ill sell you mine for $5500
You'll be competing with brand-new yellow 05 for $5600 OTD.

·
Registered
787 Posts
i got my 05 sv650s in october of 04 for 5800 and change after taxes and registration plates all that good stuff it was like 6299, and i got him to throw in a HJC helmet and Joe Rocket Jacket, not a bad deal if you asked me.

·
Registered
398 Posts
kevinb120 said:
heres a copy from another post on this, I did the cyclebuy thing and got the invoice(I also sell cars for a living) ::

2005 SVS dealer Cost: $5478
Freight $150
Assembly cost $40

Total ready to sell cost: $5568(adjusted for bikes built after Jan 1st)
About 5% over ready to sell cost + TTL (tax title liscene) Is a "fair" price and seems to be pretty average with folks on the board. Some did a bit better, some a bit worse. You might be able to do a little better since it near the end of the season.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can't remember the exact figure, but after taxes, tags, everything, I payed $5600 OTD in March 05.  This was from Extreme Suzuki in Bellaire Ohio.  You just have to shop around, get the best price, then see if somewhere else will beat it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts