Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sale Price Suggestions (Canadian Dollars)

Hey Guys
Im in Ontario Canada and I am starting to think about selling my SV. The reason im selling is because this coming spring i will be permanently in northwestern ontario, and most of the roads are dirt and if they are paved they are the worst in the world. My bike is a 2004 with approx 29, 000 km, with no dents, rust, and almost perfect paint. The only bike on Canada Trader thats around the same odo reading is a 2005 with 21500km for $5750 and its only mod is a Leo slip on. Heres my mod list and a few pics. Your thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Buell windscreen and lights
Dual SS front brake lines
0.80 sonic springs with 15wt oil
Mivv GP Exhaust System
GSXR rear shock
Rear Hugger
Solo Seat Cowl
Pirelli Diablo Strata front and back tires.
520 chain conversion with 15 tooth front and 50 tooth rear sprockets

·
Registered
22 Posts
I posted my '03 with 35,000 k for $4800 this spring and couldn't get anyone to look at it, and the bike is immaculate.

Generally speaking mods do nothing to increase the selling price. In fact they ususlly do just the opposite. Most buyers want a bike that is stock. Mods sometimes imply the bike has been raced or abused.

It's only my opinion, but I would guess that your bike would sell for around the $4800 - $5000 mark.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Brian,
I kinda figured mods wouldn't help my cause. If i didn't know the persons mechanical ability who worked on the bike i would probably be pretty weary of making an offer. I think im going to post it on trader today for 5500 obo, and aim for around 5000 w/o safety (even though it will pass without a problem).

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
FYI....

My sister sold her 2002 (14,000 km) full lowers, OEM seat cowel and a Leo Vince Carbon can.
She sold it to some guy for $6,600.

Trust me, there is a sucker born every minute.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The problem is going to be how many clicks you have on it, people have it in their mind that anything over 10-15k means the bike isn't going to run well.
If you have proof of servicing that might help a bit, or just advertise that the major stuff has been done (if it has).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up listing for 5900, i have some gear ill sell to so maybe i can grab about 6k for it, should have went higher and hoped for the sucker though. I do all my own servicing and wrenching so unfortunately no service records, ill keep you guys posted on what transpires though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
most mods are from the bike being dropped and replacement parts thats why people dont like them

i was going 2 say about 5g i just got an 03 low k 3500$ only small mods corbin seat and undertail

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info Brian,
I kinda figured mods wouldn't help my cause. If i didn't know the persons mechanical ability who worked on the bike i would probably be pretty weary of making an offer. I think im going to post it on trader today for 5500 obo, and aim for around 5000 w/o safety (even though it will pass without a problem).
Hey there. I'm from Southwest ON, and was recently in the market for an SV. I just bought one this Thursday. I paid $5000 on the button and received an '06 SV650S with 3,800 kms on the clock, safetied and certified. The bike is mostly stock only been lowered about 2 inches. It is in immaculate shape as well. Incidentally I saw your ad on Kijiji and Trader as well. Nice bike, but I think the deal I got was a no-brainer. If you've been looking at the other ones that are for sale in ON then you might have seen the one I bought, carbon gray and located in Hamilton. Owner was asking $5700. Anyway, though I would post this so you get an idea of what's going on in the market. You might get a higher price if you wait it out till Spring. Good luck!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I gave up a couple weeks ago on selling for now. I work at royal distributing so I am just going to post it up there in the spring and probably on kijiji again. I figured I would rather properly winterize my bike and leave it rest for the next few months rather than half a$$ doing it then having someone buy it from me when its not in the condition it should be. When i get it out again it'll be back on the market. sounds like you did snipe a good deal tho, congrats on your buy buddy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.