Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tinkering the idea of letting go of the sv for now.

Of course I would re-acquire one next year. I am just having some problems figuring out where to store over the winter. And I could also use the money for a nice down-payement for a new apt.

so here is the real question:

How much is my bike worth? How much can I ask someone for it?

here are the details about it.

2001 sv650 naked
blue
15,xxx mi
clean title, in hand
FE (no brand)
cf hugger
SM type 1 bars ( + stock)
sonic .90 springs
20 wt oil.
yosh. rs3 std mount slip-on
seat cowl + seat
original owner's manual

runs great, was pushed over once, but bar end mirror kept tank off ground. got new mirrors and bar ends. paint is 95%, the usual wear and tear from 15K. everything is clean, i detail the bike every week.

It has a dual light setup right now, but will convert to stock before sale.

What do you guys think?

If i can get anywhere above $3,500, I'll sell soon.

Q

·
Registered
238 Posts
What would really help the resale, is if you changed back to stock bars and sold me the Type 1s ;) ;D

·
Registered
434 Posts
acedeluxe said:
What would really help the resale, is if you changed back to stock bars and sold me the Type 1s ;) ;D
Or you could paint it and double the value ;D

I apologize to all on blues it was just to good to pass up in my wonderful mood ;D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so if it was stock....

how much can i ask for it?

everyone knows that blue is faster.... :eek:

Q

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've been looking around a bit, and I think you are close on your price. However, you never know with things like this. If someone who is looking lives nearby, if the bike is really clean and doesn't look abused, etc. you could get more. If you are in a hurry, you could have to take less.

Just as a few data points, I've seen 03 and 04's go between 3500 and 4500. New 03's can be had for 5000 plus the usual dealer charges. I almost never see an SV under $3000, assuming it wasn't salvaged.

Good luck
Mikemo

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the bike will sell easy for $3000 but you can get $3500 if you are willing to wait for the right buyer.. Good luck. (I'd say it's probably still not a bad buy at $4000 but that's just how much I like the bike)

oktay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts