Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to buy a (complete) front end from an '04 GSXR 600 for $600. Is that a fair deal or a good deal?

Forks
Triples
Wheel w/ rotors
Complete brake system
Fender

Im on the fence about spending the money.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I think Nudist is selling one cheaper....might be worth a check.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These dont come with the clipons so I'd be in for a little more than the $600. I may pass. Doesnt sound like a super deal and I probably shouldnt be spending money anyways.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'd consider it unless you've got a really "complete" setup to compare it to. Wheels w rotors are nearly half that amount.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, he just told he he'd do $550 cuz I told him Im passing at $600. Hmm....

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
go for it, i'm piecing together a front end, it definitely costs more. so far i'm looking at

$140 forks
$75 triples
$75 heli clip ons and brake lines
$45 calipers

still need:
radial MC - $50
front wheel, rotors, tire - $250-$300

those are all shipped prices. but you get the picture. so $550 is a pretty good deal imo.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah.. I told him I'd take it pending visual inspection when I pick it up.

Maybe I can talk him out of his clipons while Im there. :D

My wife is going to kill me...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wont even have to do that.

She's just going to give me the usual look of "you know you didnt really need to buy that....".

·
Registered
306 Posts
that's a very good deal if it's in good shape. Not to mention the piece of mind, not having to try and piece it together and dealing with that pain.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
I think Nudist is selling one cheaper....might be worth a check.
Yep - I put it a little higher on eBay because of the fees, but I would still work with someone here and end the auction early.

I have an 06/07 front end without the wheel and fender that I will do $450 shipped on. Not cheaper per say, but newer, and came off a bike with less the 1000 miles.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Yep - I put it a little higher on eBay because of the fees, but I would still work with someone here and end the auction early.

I have an 06/07 front end without the wheel and fender that I will do $450 shipped on. Not cheaper per say, but newer, and came off a bike with less the 1000 miles.
I tried.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts