Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure think so. Matter fact, I think I might be a part owner of a garage/shop soon. Wish me luck guys.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
A lot of our customers are in the gun industry; they use our machines to make wooden gun stocks. Business picked up shortly after the nomination.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, good luck to you. But no, my work is actually dropping off since he was sworn in.
Well, the stimulus package started to kick in only recently . You are going to start seeing a lot of small businesses start up. I have a good feeling about this. Then again, I'm just a good feeling type of guy.:p

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot of our customers are in the gun industry; they use our machines to make wooden gun stocks. Business picked up shortly after the nomination.
Yeah, but that happens every time a Dem gets elected.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the American people don't give up by saying "It's not going to work." without even giving it a fair chance, then we might see things turn around for the better much quicker. I think most people have already gotten over the fact that their candidate did not win.

We've done enough beetching. Now it's time to "giter done," yo!

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
If the American people don't give up by saying "It's not going to work." without even giving it a fair chance, then we might see things turn around for the better much quicker. I think most people have already gotten over the fact that their candidate did not win.

We've done enough beetching. Now it's time to "giter done," yo!

i think it all has to do with comsuner confidence, if people are on the verge or lost their jobs, it's hard to go out and buy stuff to get the economy going, i think the news plays a role in spreading fear, i think that it's gonna get worse before it gets batter and no it's not obama's fault for that, just the way it is

·
Registered
920 Posts
We're very busy too, busier than usual actually.

Then again, that's mostly because the owner of the company has recognized and taken advantage of the opportunities that have presented themselves due to many places downsizing or closing altogether. We've been buying up equipment left and right....

Ahhhh....it's good to not be beholden to the stockholders.

;)

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Well, the stimulus package started to kick in only recently . You are going to start seeing a lot of small businesses start up. I have a good feeling about this. Then again, I'm just a good feeling type of guy.:p
Well, we've been hit hard for around 4 years now, and it's getting worse. My industry is the first to get hit, the last to recover, because our product is high-end, purely discretionary spending. The only ray of hope we've had is the bank buyouts requiring new signage at all the taken over locations, and banks like bronze signs. War memorials have came to a screeching halt, and we haven't sold a donor tree in months. That in and of itself is very telling, being that we used to do at least a dozen a month. They are used for one thing, and one thing only. Fundraising by hospitals and non-profits. No one is giving large amounts to these organizations. If we survive another two years, things may start turning around for us. By then, all these "shovel-ready" projects will be nearing completion and the signage will be needed for the dedications.

Ahhhh....it's good to not be beholden to the stockholders.

;)
Ahh, those were the days! Worst thing a company under 3k on payroll can do in my opinion is go public. Turns the focus away from the customer and towards a bunch of people that have no ties, loyalty, or interest in a company or it's product/customers. They're just there to leech money away from the employees.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
judging by the amount of people who got off on the obama campaign, I would say yes, his stimulus package worked.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I think it has in the fact that people are more optimistic, which arguably was one of the big problems in the economy to begin with.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Well, there's a reason for that, Zach. The thinking behind it is that you won't notice that tiny increase, but will spend it instead of dumping it into a low interest savings account.

By yourself, it isn't much. But when it's 200+ million small peeps, all with $9-30 extra per check, that little bit of extra spending by each will add up to something big.

That's the reasoning behind. I don't argue for or against it, but I do see a bit of logic behind it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If your job is somewhere in between a road paver and an engineer stimulus is great. If your job has nothing to do with bulking up government infrastructure it does nothing but raise your taxes eventually.

If you look at the stock market and the housing market throughout history you will see ups and downs. Some big ups (like we just came off of) will have to be corrected by the market and that means big downs (like we see now). The best thing government could have done was..... you guessed it..... nothing!

Buckle up, small business. You are getting ready to be rich. Well, not really the only one who will think that is government and they will make sure you pay for your part of the stimulus.

You can tell me I am wrong. That is fine, either way, we will come out of this recession and we will still disagree on how we came out of it. America is still the greatest country ever and does not need anyone going around apologizing for us.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I'm one of those between the paver and the engineer. By the end of this recession, I should have my engineering degree.

I contract for a fairly large government agency, so I'm happy about this stimulus, after a fashion. Parts of it I don't like. I do enjoy the fact that my job is even more secure than it was prior to the passing of the spending bill.

·
Registered
21 Posts
By fairly large government agency I am guessing you are talking about FHWA. They are getting a lot of grant money to spend. I work for another USDOT agency.

You mean you may not like stimulus money going to ACORN, a tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film, money to screen and prevent STD's, etc, etc, etc.....? How can you not see how those things are going to stimulate the economy?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts