Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

341 - 360 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
like rush limbaugh if you listen to the first 20 minutes you've heard the whole show. i just heard some republican house member said the democrats should be ashamed..they should be punished.

·
site supporter
6,092 Posts
When the same 2 sides keep saying the same
over and over with nothing new to add, it feels
like groundhog day....
When the people who want you to be distracted have won, democracy has lost.
When you are convinced that no one and no issue is worthy of your attention you've lost.

·
Super Moderator
8,071 Posts
When the people who want you to be distracted have won, democracy has lost.
When you are convinced that no one and no issue is worthy of your attention you've lost.
when you realize it's just politician noises and none of it actually matters you ______?

also, taxation is theft

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
You can hate politics, but you shouldn't hate facts. Linking to opinion pieces is not helpful. I recommend seeking out the work of investigative reporters who stick to the facts.
The reason people have been wanting this guy impeached since day one is because already during his campaign he showed how he didn't respect the Constitution and electoral laws (heck, not respecting laws is his entire business model). There's nearly daily evidence added he doesn't care about this country remaining a liberal democracy with rule of law but become a kleptocracy a la Putin's Russia.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You can hate politics, but you shouldn't hate facts. Linking to opinion pieces is not helpful. I recommend seeking out the work of investigative reporters who stick to the facts.
The reason people have been wanting this guy impeached since day one is because already during his campaign he showed how he didn't respect the Constitution and electoral laws (heck, not respecting laws is his entire business model). There's nearly daily evidence added he doesn't care about this country remaining a liberal democracy with rule of law but become a kleptocracy a la Putin's Russia.

Sounds like an opinion to me...……………….

If you don't watch the news you're uninformed, if you watch the news you're misinformed. Not sure which is worse...…..

Three sides to every story. His side, the other guys side, and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Sounds like an opinion to me...……………….

If you don't watch the news you're uninformed, if you watch the news you're misinformed. Not sure which is worse...…..

Three sides to every story. His side, the other guys side, and somewhere in the middle is the truth.
If you're not sure about something, you better educate yourself and get sure.

You don't have to get your news from one source or another, at least make an effort to check the reality for yourself.

Learn to ask the important questions:

1. who is profiting from this?

2. is this something that my tax dollar is paying for?

3. is it something moral to do to another human being?

·
Registered
9 Posts

You don't have to get your news from one source or another, at least make an effort to check the reality for yourself.

What a sober judgment, I agree completely with this. Very important questions to ask self.:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
206 Posts

I'm 100% sure, but most people on both sides have made up their minds and refuse to see it any other way.

1. It's ALWAYS about money. Follow the $$$$$$!

2. Assuming you're talking about the $3+ million spent on an impeachment that HAS no chance of happening?

3. Assuming you're talking about the high % of Clinton associates the have committed "suicide?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'm 100% sure, but most people on both sides have made up their minds and refuse to see it any other way.

1. It's ALWAYS about money. Follow the $$$$$$!

2. Assuming you're talking about the $3+ million spent on an impeachment that HAS no chance of happening?

3. Assuming you're talking about the high % of Clinton associates the have committed "suicide?
You're 100% sure that locking people up in for-profit prisons is moral?

You're 100% sure that separating children from their parents/guardian is the right thing to do when they are seeking refugee status?

I've got no love for the Clintons, regardless what percentage of Clinton associates commit suicide; Clintons are not in the White house making current policy in government, not appointing federal judges, not taking golf vacations on taxpayer money.

The news cycle in our current world is 24/7.
Knowing how to distinguish one source vs another and able to do your own research to determine what is fact vs propaganda or opinion is really not a difficult skill if you are able to stay objective and think critically.

Sad truth is: people who mistake opinions for facts and believe opinions for facts.
Media companies produce what sells. What sells are stories that get people riled up, angry against a different group of people, so the masses can ignore the real issues.

Whether the issues be immigration, foreigners seeking asylum, minimum wage, universal healthcare, public education, homeless, veteran care, public infrastructure, federal budget, environment, global warming, Supreme Court appointee, etc..
I believe we have the brightest people within this country trying to solve all of these problems objectively... just not someone like Trump and his family in the White House.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Attacking previous administrations is a good indication that the current one is not doing well. If you are doing a good job, you don't have to accuse others of not, it will become obvious.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Attacking previous administrations is a good indication that the current one is not doing well. If you are doing a good job, you don't have to accuse others of not, it will become obvious.
Where were you when Oblama was blaming Bushy for the economy. He did it for a solid eight years.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Where were you when Oblama was blaming Bushy for the economy. He did it for a solid eight years.
I was working, trying to keep on top of my own economy.

I do seem to recall President Clinton left office with a budget surplus, and President Bush racked up an incredible debt with a fruitless, and possibly illegal war in Iraq, which continues to have negative effects.

Of course I realize the "budget", at that level, is somewhat incomprehensible, and easily manipulated with creative math.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You're 100% sure that locking people up in for-profit prisons is moral?

You're 100% sure that separating children from their parents/guardian is the right thing to do when they are seeking refugee status?

I've got no love for the Clintons, regardless what percentage of Clinton associates commit suicide; Clintons are not in the White house making current policy in government, not appointing federal judges, not taking golf vacations on taxpayer money.

The news cycle in our current world is 24/7.
Knowing how to distinguish one source vs another and able to do your own research to determine what is fact vs propaganda or opinion is really not a difficult skill if you are able to stay objective and think critically.

Sad truth is: people who mistake opinions for facts and believe opinions for facts.
Media companies produce what sells. What sells are stories that get people riled up, angry against a different group of people, so the masses can ignore the real issues.

Whether the issues be immigration, foreigners seeking asylum, minimum wage, universal healthcare, public education, homeless, veteran care, public infrastructure, federal budget, environment, global warming, Supreme Court appointee, etc..
I believe we have the brightest people within this country trying to solve all of these problems objectively... just not someone like Trump and his family in the White House.
See...………...my point exactly, you have made up your mind.

I presented a side, you presented a side, & somewhere in the middle is the truth.

You need to "educate" yourself about refugees and illegal immigrants for one. You're conclusions are opinion based. Stop your hypocritical "educate yourself" crap.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was working, trying to keep on top of my own economy.

I do seem to recall President Clinton left office with a budget surplus, and President Bush racked up an incredible debt with a fruitless, and possibly illegal war in Iraq, which continues to have negative effects.

Of course I realize the "budget", at that level, is somewhat incomprehensible, and easily manipulated with creative math.
And how much did Obama rack up in debt?

Honestly, we vote for the lesser of two evils. The best and brightest people in this country are making millions of dollars without the bull****...…

341 - 360 of 368 Posts