Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hullo,

I weigh around 180lbs and will be installing a lightly used 2006 ZX-10R shock on my 2006 SV650.

Could someone who has experience with this give me some suggestions on how far to turn the preload nuts such that that bike will have suitable unladen and laden sag measurements before I put the shock on the bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts
My notes say someone used 17 mm. of thread showing (don't know what rider weight was, or what sag resulted). Then a 195 lb. rider posted that 21 mm. of thread showing gave him 30 mm. of sag.

Rich Desmond recommends 32 - 35 mm. of sag, so my guess for you at 180 lb. would be around 15 - 17 mm. of thread showing. At least that should get you in the ballpark, I think.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would email Blair @ svracingparts.com

Dude just helped me out with some issues on my front end. He pretty much knows it all when it comes to SV's and suspension stuff..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Basically anything less than 30 front or rear is a track set up.

Its not so much specific to the shock as it is to your weight as a rider. Try a setting of 30 to 35 in the rear and 35 to 40 up front. See how that feel and go from there.

Back to the track setup, I run my bike closer to a track setting cause it gives more feed back to the bars and seat to tell me what the bike is doing on the road. Also getting a good suspension tuning book is a great investment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts