Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a powerlet outlet on there bike?

I have a heated vest that i would like to start wearing since it is getting colder out. I went to the bmw dealer and pick up one of the powerlet outlets for like 16 bucks and now i just have to mount it. I just wanted to know where a good spot to put the outlet at. I was thinking in the black plastic side covers. but i will have to look at the bike more.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
best thiinh to do, it wire not use a hard mounted one, use a pigtail type that dangles a couple inces below your seat and conttectes to battery , simple, plug is convenient, I have my heatroller wires tunning thru the inside of my fram to a place were  it velcros to ther top frame rail just ot the left of the head of the frame

heated clothing rules, cheapest (free) horsepower is cold air

I also have a SAE pigtail that I plug my battery tender into and also have a cigarette ligher adaptor for that can be used as a 12v power receptical, for cell phone charger, 12v air pump etc.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use RandyO setup on my GS. On my SV I run the wire up the front of the seat/ back of the tank. I have clear plastic tank protectors on my tank and I have mounted velcro to the tank protector so that I can keep my heat contol unit from flopping around. Does the BMW powerlet have a cap to protect it in wet conditions? If not you might want a location where you can tuck it in, I.e. where RandyO set his up.

BTW, My GS came with heated grips and dirt bike styled bar protectors and I was able to use my regular racing gloves all winter with out my hands getting cold and I ride in anything above say 15 degrees and not wet. Thlis setup was acutally warmer then the big widder heated gloves on the SV. The SV will ge getting bar protectors and heated grips before winter gets here.

Good luck,

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info randyo. I looked at the side cover and i think my leg would hit it when i put me feet on the ground so. i might just have it tuck under there like said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts