Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 03 sv650 full yosh exhaust and kn air filter. Is there a noticable difference if i.purshased a power commander and what is it. Thanks

Sent from my LG-P925 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
147 Posts
From all the reading I have done over PCIII's, they are not really worth the money. A full intake/exhaust system along with a ZX-6R rear spring are the best things you can do for an SV

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks i have a full front end 06 gsxr1000 and 05 636 rear spring with full yosh rs3 and kn filter. I was just wanting input before i thought about buying appreciate it thanks.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Based on my own experience, I'd say the PC3 is worth the money. I picked up my PC3 for $175 on this site. I installed a full yosh system along with the PC3, which has the Dynotech yosh tune. The difference from stock to full yosh with PC3 is very noticeable. My SV pulls a lot harder now, compared to stock, from low revs all the way to redline in all the gears. After the suspension, it's my opinion a full system with PC3 is the next best mod for the SV.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok great thanks for the input thats what im lookin for i found one on ebay for $150 ill grab it. Thanks again bud

·
Registered
40 Posts
A PCIII is very worth it. All modern bikes run lean for emissions. Richen them up and your bike will run better. Add a pipe, a K&N and a PCIII and you WILL notice a power difference because your bike will run better.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Does anyone have Dyno sheets on the actual power difference? I'm interested in how much of it is simply a better torque/power curve and how much of it is actual peak power gains?

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
They are worth it only if you spend the money getting it dynotuned. Downloading a map from the internet is a waste of money. Expect to pay 150+ for the custom map.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Totally agree with getting it dynotuned, but the maps on Dynotech's website can be downloaded for free. That got me up and running, but my yosh can is cut down to 12 inches, and will soon be 9 inches, so I'm loosing back pressure, causing the engine to run more lean than the map intends, leaving hp on the table. Once I get my set up to the way I want it, I'll start saving for a custom tune, which should be easier for the tech since I already have the PC3 with USB installed.

Regarding the torque/hp curves, you should be able to go to the exhaust manufacturer's website and look at torque/hp curve differences from stock to slip on to full system. I do know that the yosh system gives a better torque and hp curve over stock from about 3000 to redline, while the M4 system isn't as good as the yosh in the midrange, but gives a better top end hp result. IIRC, the yosh system nets 74hp, and the M4 nets 76hp.

Also, can't forget to mention I took 10 pounds off my SV by installing the Yosh system.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
They are worth it only if you spend the money getting it dynotuned. Downloading a map from the internet is a waste of money. Expect to pay 150+ for the custom map.
Think 300+ for a custom map on a Powercommander from a top tier dynotuner and it'll take a couple hours as well. There's a LOT of work that goes into a properly customized fuel map on an SV. Even reflashing the ECU takes about an hour, and that's a muuuuuch simpler fuel table than the PCIII.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Does anyone have Dyno sheets on the actual power difference? I'm interested in how much of it is simply a better torque/power curve and how much of it is actual peak power gains?
I have a dyno tune scheduled for thursday, and will know the answer with dyno readings to back it up then.
I have an FMF full exhaust, stock airfilter.

Think 300+ for a custom map on a Powercommander from a top tier dynotuner and it'll take a couple hours as well. There's a LOT of work that goes into a properly customized fuel map on an SV. Even reflashing the ECU takes about an hour, and that's a muuuuuch simpler fuel table than the PCIII.
I am going to Dyno Solutions in Brookfield, CT and he charges $250 for a full custom map, in 250 rpm increments, with individual cylinder mapping. Net reviews are all good, and he only does dyno tunes as his entire business, so I am hopeful he'll do a good job.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I am going to Dyno Solutions in Brookfield, CT and he charges $250 for a full custom map, in 250 rpm increments, with individual cylinder mapping. Net reviews are all good, and he only does dyno tunes as his entire business, so I am hopeful he'll do a good job.
If done right... sweeet jeezzzuuuus that will run nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts