Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone

I already have an aftermarket exhaust. How would you guys rate buying a Power Commander?

How much difference will you notice after installation and tuning?

And as far as prioritizing goes, would you guys buy a Power Commander before you replaced the stock tires?

Thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
do you have full or slip on ? unless you are going to do more to the motor later on i wouldn't , you "might" pick up 1-2hp it will smooth stuff out a little bit .i wouldn't you can get your stock ecu done, if you want. i would do tires 1st, but only after i had done the front end and gotten a new shock :) search a little bit i asked about the pc and there was a fair amount of info there .

·
Registered
899 Posts
Kinda depends on your riding interest. Meaning that I have the stock suspension, although I went to 20 wt fork oil. It's OK for commuting and relaxed riding. I went with a M4 slip on, SV1000 snorkel, PCIII. Just had it to the dynojet tuing center in my area! Holy cow! BIG difference! I put the power commander on with the stock settings. Took it in and it dynoed at 69 HP at the rear wheel. After the tuning I got nearly 75 HP!!! MUCH smoother and power increase that you notice!!! So, I will have to disagree and say go with the power commander. However, tires and suspension are certainly VERY important. For me, mostly running up the freeway and some easy country rides, I decided to mod the engine before the suspension.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input fellas....mucho appreciatedo'

·
Registered
176 Posts
i wasn't planning on it, so i got just a slip on. but, then i was able to pick one up for $100, so now i'm stuck with wanting to get a full system and then a custom map/tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts