Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a decent map for my '05 SV 650S. I have a Yoshimura Tri Oval full system with a k&n filter. I can't see paying someone to do the map for me. I currently have a map from the PC site that says it's for a Yoshi full system but my bike is starved for power and constantly backfires when downshifting. I actually lost like 10mph off my top speed after installing the all the performance parts! Please help!!!!

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I don't have the answer for you, but I have another question thats power commander related that perhaps someone out there may know the answer. As long as we have the map, will any power commander do the job. For example, if a [person is parting out his/her GSXR, can I use their power commander and just remap? Just that I see power commanders advertized for different bikes.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
GainesvilleSV said:
I'm looking for a decent map for my '05 SV 650S. I have a Yoshimura Tri Oval full system with a k&n filter. I can't see paying someone to do the map for me. I currently have a map from the PC site that says it's for a Yoshi full system but my bike is starved for power and constantly backfires when downshifting. I actually lost like 10mph off my top speed after installing the all the performance parts! Please help!!!!
The maps on the PC site suck. You can try mine if you wish, I have a similar setup. You can D/L it from my site, click the link in my sig.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
A proper map will eliminate backfiring on decell. This can be caused by either a lean or rich condition. A proper fuel map will cure this issue.

Keep in mind, though, every bike is different. The best map is a custom map.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Power Commander's are bike specific, you need one for a SV.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess that a custom map is the best. But there's only one shop in town that is certified by Dynojet, and they want $130 to map my bike. Thanks for your map though. I will try it and let you know what I get out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts