Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Is it possible to get a custom map from someone who has a similar setup and load it onto your own PCIII? Reason why I ask, is when I get the M4 system on and maybe de-snorkle it, it would be much cheaper to buy a PCIII and then get a custom map from someone or one that is a little closer to what I actually have than the stock map. Does M4 provide Maps for their systems? If not who does provide the maps...PCIII I know but anyone else?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's possible to get a map from someone. A custom is the way to go though because every bike is slightly different. I used a genaric map from Power Commanders website, but they are not even close. A custom map made my bike run sooooo much better. I would give you mine, but I am storing my bike at my folks house right now (40 miles away). I haven't had a chance to get the map off of my power commander.

Anyway, trust me, spend the extra money and get a custom map. You are spending a ton of money on an exhaust and power commander, so spend a little more and make it worth it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah don't remind me about the money on the exhaust lol...btw I haven't told the wife how much I spent on the exhaust :D, I am trying to find a dyno shop right now that will do the custom map for me. If not I will do some research and adjust it myslef. Just don't want to be to lean and what I need is a Air-Fuel ratio meter. Are the bikes like cars...14:1 is the optimum ratio?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Loading a "custom" map is great but nothing compares to a dyno tuned bike. A good tuner can tune your V twin one cyclinder at a time. Meaning each cylinder is tweaked throughout the rev range. A friend had alot of engine work done to a twin, installed a power commander and had someone tune it. 90hp 90ft/lbs. However, another dyno guy tuned it per cylinder and it took the guy a whole tank of gas and about 2 hours. After it was tuned output was 100/100. You can get a big improvement just by tuning a stock bike without aftermarket accessories. Most bikes run lean from the mfg. BH

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now to find a Dyno shop that can do it around here!  North FL area (Tallahassee), if I have to I will take it to Orlando becaus e I know they have to have a dyno shop down there.

was that 100/100 on a 650?! :eek: holy crap what did he have done...big bore kit, different cams...turbo lol

G

·
Now to find a Dyno shop that can do it around here!
Hey bbm, just to let you know where to find a dyno @, go to www.dynojet.com
Click on motorcycle dynos and scroll down to locate a dyno center.
The rest........is history!!!!! :) ;D 8)
I hope this helps ya out...
Laters, Grinner :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DOH, you know I atually have that site saved on my favorites for all my car crap when I still had my 02 Transam. I just felt someone smack me in the back of head to saying...dummy ::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.