Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got a PCIII ,and I'm trying to install it but I'm having trouble disconnecting the fuel connector shown here:

Its hard to get a grip on both ends of the connectors and it seems like there may be some sort of locking mechanism holding them together.

I know afew of you have already installed this yourselves. Can you please offer me some advice ASAP?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
advice......have strong fingers that will bend around the frame there and it'll come off. its extremely hard to get to and there is a locking tab holding the connector together. i don't know if its a pull or push style as its been awhile since i did one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got that part taken care of finally. Thanks. Now I'm trying to deal with the pink wire that leads to the TPS. Do I actually need to remove that pink wire from the connector when I attach the wire tap?

·
Registered
105 Posts
no...do not revove the pink wire. All you do is piggyback the wire from the pcIII to the tps wire using the scotchlock connector they gave you

·
Registered
899 Posts
I sympathize with you man! I put mine on and it is tight in there under the tank! Good luck, but it is worth it. You'll get some extra HP and smooth things out. I would recomend that when you get your bike where you want it (exhaust, air filters, snorkle mod, etc) take it to a Dynojet tuning center and get a custom map. I tried several of the maps from the web site and found that the custom map earned me nearly 4 HP!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey cyclerider, is that a m4 high sport in your avatar? if so I an struggling with mine this weekend. Is the bracket for the pipe flat, or does it have some offset? Mine is flat and the pipe won't go on w/o hitting the tail. Not sure if I have the wrong midpipe, or collector.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
phelix said:
no...do not revove the pink wire. All you do is piggyback the wire from the pcIII to the tps wire using the scotchlock connector they gave you
I bought mine used and I didn't get a scotchlock connector. How else could I connect this? Can I get a scotch lock connector at a local hardware store or auto store? I'm in the process of installing as I type this so quick replies are definitely appreciated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
jeopardy98 said:
I bought mine used and I didn't get a scotchlock connector.  How else could I connect this?  Can I get a scotch lock connector at a local hardware store or auto store?  I'm in the process of installing as I type this so quick replies are definitely appreciated.
You can buy them at most (I said most) Auto parts stores. You can also contact powercommander and they will send you one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts