Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wana know if any of you have any experience in powdercoating, i really love the looks of the k5's and seriously wana turn my frame BLACK! anyone know how much $$$ that would run?

·
Registered
899 Posts
My 05 has a black frame, but I powder coated the front and rear sets. Powder coating is very durable and not to expensive. My parts were about $70.00. Not sure about the frame though!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
whiteav6 said:
i wana know if any of you have any experience in powdercoating, i really love the looks of the k5's and seriously wana turn my frame BLACK! anyone know how much $$$ that would run?
Are you gonna take the bike down to the frame, swing arm and forks by yourself or pay someone else to do that part for you cause that's also gonna cost you some bling if your not doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
It's cost me around $500 to turn this.....

into this....

and finally....  this

I did all the tear down and reassembly by myself.  So I saved a ton on labor there.  For me...  I would do it again in a heart beat.  IT was sadistically fun to tear it down.... then build it up again.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
cyclerider, you've become a photo whore, welcome to the club ;D

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
cyclerider105 said:
My 05 has a black frame, but I powder coated the front and rear sets. Powder coating is very durable and not to expensive. My parts were about $70.00. Not sure about the frame though!
You mean your rearsets and passenger pegs? :p

You need to do your fork lowers, too.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
has any one ever done powder coating in their oven?? i know they sell kits to do it but have never heard of it being done. i think if it works good that be a good option for me seeing i only want to do my rear sets fork lowers and triples

G

·
wacky_woodchuck said:
It's cost me around $500 to turn this.....

I did all the tear down and reassembly by myself. So I saved a ton on labor there. For me... I would do it again in a heart beat. IT was sadistically fun to tear it down.... then build it up again.
sweet, that looks awesome, 1. gen with a black frame

·
Registered
166 Posts
very nice. I like all the bikes. I never thought of a 1st gen like that....sweet!! As for the black forks on the silver sv, I'm thinking about that for my new one when it comes in. Two questions, who did it and did you have to take the forks apart, the inner pieces and stuff? I want to do the rear sets and the forks for sure!!! Thanks.. ;D

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
kully55 said:
very nice. I like all the bikes. I never thought of a 1st gen like that....sweet!! As for the black forks on the silver sv, I'm thinking about that for my new one when it comes in. Two questions, who did it and did you have to take the forks apart, the inner pieces and stuff? I want to do the rear sets and the forks for sure!!! Thanks.. ;D
i had a guy do the entire bike. as part of it, he sent out the forks to be done and rebuilt (with new springs and oil).

·
Registered
571 Posts
i'm thinking about getting some powdercoating done over the winter and have one question. for those with '05 black frames, how do the powdercoated parts compare to the frame and swingarm? i mean do the finishes of the parts match what we already have? what i have seen in the pics looks pretty close but sometimes pics don't tell you everything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts