Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into tearing my entire bike down this winter and powdercoating all of the frame, rims, etc. I have the copper colored 03 svs and was wondering if any of you had pics of this setup? I know I've seen some photoshopped pics of this floating around here but would love to see some real-life images.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm powdercoating some bit on my copper. I found a nice metallic copper that matches the bike perfectly. Gonna just accent the frame a bir with it. Might do the wheels copper too, don't know yet. Everyone says black but i want to do something different.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Some kind of green keeps coming into my mind as a nice option for accents. Emerald green, perhaps; but darker. I'd like to call it Crystal Forest Green.

I'm not so sure I would be willing to do the whole frame, but accents here and there (perhaps on the gas tank) would look good.

Josh

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I'd like to see a quality pic of a powdercoated copper svs also. Just to get my mind rollin'.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not to hijack I wanna powdercoat some of the parts on my 05 svs like the rear peg brackets etc black but want it to match the frame. Anyone have any suggestions on a place?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
rogue said:
Not to hijack I wanna powdercoat some of the parts on my 05 svs like the rear peg brackets etc black but want it to match the frame. Anyone have any suggestions on a place?

Thanks!
where are you located? i know of some places in new jersey and mass. but a local google search on powdercoaters should turn somethign up

B

·
0 Posts
i have an 05 also and you would think suzuki would have made everything black when they changed the frame to black.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Where's headcase? If I'm not mistaken he's the only one who's p/c the frame on a copper SV, not too sure about the wheels. Maybe try and pm or e-mail him.

·
Registered
28 Posts
blue650s said:
i have an 05 also and you would think suzuki would have made everything black when they changed the frame to black.
no shit, they did a half assed job tasking us to do the rest!
:lol:

I am in Iowa. I will check for local powdercoaters - Thanks!

P

·
0 Posts
do you think there would be any problem powdercoating the stock muffler? that big piece of silver is what i most would want to be blacked out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even if you could, why waste the money powdercoating the stock muffler? Buy a slipon. I think you might run into problems powdercoating it because of the baffling within the can. I know the baffling can obviously withstand the heat from the bike but Im pretty sure powdercoating involves a much higher heat... Somebody tell me if I am wrong :-\

P

·
0 Posts
a slipon would cost a few hundred. i can get powedercoating done locally for cheap, probably no more than 40-50 bucks. i know holeshot has a powdercoated muffler, but maybe the outer casing is powedercoating before its all put together, but i really dont know how it is put together so what do i know, im jsut a noob guessing.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
pgmike said:
a slipon would cost a few hundred.  i can get powedercoating done locally for cheap, probably no more than 40-50 bucks.  i know holeshot has a powdercoated muffler, but maybe the outer casing is powedercoating before its all put together, but i really dont know how it is put together so what do i know, im jsut a noob guessing.
just spray paint it with some hi-temp paint. donnie did it, do a search for his pics (or maybe he'll see this and post)

·
Registered
68 Posts
For god's sake don't powdercoat your frame or anything else copper! That sounds tacky as hell, like the Civic dudes that paint their dashboards to match their sweet metalic purple paint. Go black, even if you might run across someone else some day with a copper on black bike ... (not that it will ever happen). Think tasteful, it's not a bad word.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bmxr said:
For god's sake don't powdercoat your frame or anything else copper! That sounds tacky as hell, like the Civic dudes that paint their dashboards to match their sweet metalic purple paint. Go black, even if you might run across someone else some day with a copper on black bike ... (not that it will ever happen). Think tasteful, it's not a bad word.
I agree, black is the way to go. A very dark flat black at that. You couldn't have put it any better making the comparison to civic guys ;D

·
Registered
434 Posts
I had lime green aceents on mine and that worked. would love to see a dark green frame on a copper biike.

·
Registered
430 Posts
pgmike said:
so nobody knows if it would be prblem to powdercoat a stock muffler?
yes it is a problem. the powdercoat won't take the heat. you can ceramic coat it or paint it with heat resistant paint but not powdercoat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts