Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you see....like others here I have this sickness. It's a sickness where you are never quite content with leaving well enough alone on my SV. Everything (and I do mean everything) is fine w/my bike but I just HAVE to tinker.
When I mounted a GSXR F end onto my '03, I drilled the upper clamp and mounted my stock naked risers and bars.
Works great.
Problem is (and...hence the sickness... there really IS no problem) the upper clamp area looks like crap to me. Cluttered. Busy.
So..I decided to replaced the drilled upper triple with a new one and go to SWATT 3.5" clipons to clean it up a bit.

So...I got a great deal on Ebay on a custom billet upper clamp in bare (polished) aluminum (I got it cheaper than even a used stock upper that is banged up). What I have issue with is the "GSXR" logo engraved onto the clamp.
-Can I fill the engraving in with putty, sand the top smooth and powdercoat the whole thing black?
-Will the PC adhere well to the small areas where the putty filled the engraving?
-Are there member(s) here that will do the PC cheap?
-Am I nuts?

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
There are metal fillers that you can use under PC

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nudist...Is this something you have done? (used filler before PC)

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love this thing! It's helpful and jerky at the same time! ;D

Yeah...I thought the same thing. I was asking for advice from someone who might have done this and what I got was basically.."Here is how to search on Google" lol...
This place is a trip sometimes.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Thanks Nudist...Is this something you have done? (used filler before PC)
Yep - used it on swingarms and triples before with no ill effects.

Yeah...I thought the same thing. I was asking for advice from someone who might have done this and what I got was basically.."Here is how to search on Google" lol...
This place is a trip sometimes.
Well, the answers are right there - it's something that is fairly cut and dry.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts

·
Registered
10,246 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,933 Posts
I can do repairs with high temp filler before powder coating.

Here's a recent example:

PM me with a photo of the part.

Jay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts