Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheels that is. Who's gone the powdercoat route and or the paint route. Powdercoating is a bit scarce in my area, however probaly a bit cheaper - might have to go in the paint direction. Any comments from those who went with paint instead would be helpful - costs, etc. - Thanks yall.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
d'oh! Too many beers during the game... Powder coat is my recomendation. Less likely to chip. Almost as many color choises as paint, better resistance to scrubbing and chain goo and brake dust

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man. I thought so to. Anyone ever delt with or heard of "Powder Perfect"??

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Powdercoat's tougher, and is a nice finish... But paint's repairable, which is a big deal with wheels as they're going to get chipped by hamfisted tyrechangers. I got mine coated, but made sure that it was a colour I could match with touch-up paint when they inevitably get savaged by a monkey with a wrench.

You definately don't want wheels done in anything other than paint designed for the purpose, or 2-pack... I'm spraying my bike with basecoat and singlepack laquer, which is fine for panels but just not tough enough for wheels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I give another plus for powder coating. The durability differance is amazing.

And if you are worried about getting your wheels scratched/chipped when getting your tires changed... I think you need to go to another shop.

If there was any doubt in my mind... I would go somewhere else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts