Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I will be stripping my wheels and Powdercoating them black. In the process I will be removing the wheel bearings and seals and I was curious if I should just pick up a set of new bearings and seals while I have them out. I noticed some people get them from all balls racing and their kit is approx 15 for front and 25-30 for the rear so bout 40-45 after tax and shipping. Didn't know if anyone else has done this. Only have 19k on the bike. Thanks In advance

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Once you remove your wheel bearings and seals, you won't be able to reuse them. In the process of removing, you'll destroy both items.

Either get the All Balls kit or go OEM Suzuki. It's the easiest way. You can get the bearings from any bearing house, if you take in the bearings. It may be cheaper, but All Balls is pretty much a good deal in pricing.

·
Super Moderator
7,038 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thanks guys just ordered a front and rear set of bearings and seals from all balls racing can't complain for 46 bucks shipped

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so this weekend my tires arrived wheel bearings and seals came in and I started working. Removed the wheels removed the tires knocked out the wheel bearings and started stripping :). And let me tell you the finish that is on the stock rims is a tough one after a few hours of peeling, spraying, scrubbing it all finally came off. Here is the finished product

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts